PDA

View Full Version : Adult scenes?

2004-03-24, 13:32
This might sound very stupid and pervy, but for the my sake of choosing between the two versions of Kanon...

Are you translating the adult scenes when you come to it, or are you following the all ages version in terms of translating when you come to it?

K
2004-03-24, 14:02
I'm fairly sure Haeleth himself has the adult version (correct me if I'm wrong, Haeleth), so they'll probably be translated.

Haeleth
2004-03-24, 15:08
They're part of the game, therefore they'll be translated, if I can stop laughing long enough to type the English. There'll also be an option within the adult version to toggle them on or off (but obviously there won't be one to add them to the all-age version).

K
2004-03-25, 15:41
Huh. Are they that funny?

Haeleth
2004-03-25, 16:39
Megatokyo reference (http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=125).

But... yes, basically. Obviously I can't go into details here though. ;)

2004-03-26, 00:31
Oh shoot...I already bought the all age version...

I am going to miss all the funiness of the cheezy lines. Oh well.

Thank you for answering.

K
2004-03-26, 15:04
Eh, don't worry about it. There's plenty of other funny parts in the game.

...By the way, are they intentionally funny or are they just funny from being too cheesy?

And since the all-age version has other stuff in place of the H-scenes, are there going to be two patches in the end?

Haeleth
2004-03-26, 17:27
...By the way, are they intentionally funny or are they just funny from being too cheesy?
The latter. Judging by what I've read, most Japanese people take them quite seriously, so maybe it's just me... ^^;

And since the all-age version has other stuff in place of the H-scenes, are there going to be two patches in the end?
There are in fact already two patches, it's just that they're distributed in the one package. The installer chooses which to use automatically.

As for differences: the script of the all-age version is basically identical to the script of the adult version, just with the H scenes cut out and a few corrections here and there. There are a couple of extra lines here and there, but nothing significant. The actual extras in the all-age version are all graphical; some of the scenes that don't have special CGs in the adult version are given them.

Stranger
2004-03-26, 21:30
The actual extras in the all-age version are all graphical; some of the scenes that don't have special CGs in the adult version are given them.

Oi Oi... do you mean that there are MORE CGs in the all-ages version. I thought that there are only few different CGs to replace the H-CGs, that's all.... but from what you are typing above... there are MORE CGs????

How much more??... any examples from the begning of the game???

And now to the important part.... WHY THE HECK DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT BEFORE???????

I most certenly will not try to buy another copy of the PC version, but if there are more CGs then I will try to get the PS2 version once one of the emus out there is good enough to play it. (and hopefully the PS2 version will have even more CGs... any news on the PS2 version yet???)

Hopefully by the time one of the PS2 EMUs get to version 1.0, I would have enough money to buy an AMD64 :-)

Haeleth
2004-03-27, 01:35
Oi Oi... do you mean that there are MORE CGs in the all-ages version. I thought that there are only few different CGs to replace the H-CGs, that's all.... but from what you are typing above... there are MORE CGs????
Isn't it the same thing?

To put it into figures, the all-age version removes 18 CGs from the adult version, and adds 32 new ones.

any examples from the begning of the game???
Nope. The first difference CG-wise is on January 23rd. (That is, it won't even be in the next patch.)

K
2004-03-27, 21:40
Huh, interesting. But you don't get any new story bits/events to replace the H-scenes, right? Only CGs of pre-existing events? I take it that's what you mean when you say the all-age version is basically the same...

This is kinda irrelevant, but would you happen to know if Yukito can still get drunk in the all-age version of Air? I'm just curious (since I already have the adult version).

...It seems kinda funny that there were 18 adult CGs in the adult version >_>