PDA

View Full Version : Air?

Arcane Azmadi
2003-12-17, 09:20
Anyone played Air? It's not as well known as Kanon (no anime for one thing) but it's supposed to be about as good.

Articflame
2003-12-17, 13:06
IMO its just as good, well worth the money.

Haeleth
2003-12-17, 14:20
It's possibly even better. It's a bit more polished, for one thing, and it helps that it uses a newer version of the engine. Although the story is a bit weird, particularly Minagi's scenario...

RyokoTenchi
2003-12-17, 20:47
i have not been able to find a copy of Air that i can play. saldy i cannot read kanji. i know some japanese words but i do not know kanji so i am kinda stuck hehe.

Bust Nak
2003-12-18, 02:58
Minagi's scenario is no more weird than Makoto's or Mai's scenario. I think what is more important is that there are no non-weird scenario in Air. In Kanon not all scenario have a fantasy ending.

I have just finished both Minagi's ending, I prefer hers to Misuzu's. For anyone wanting to buy Air, I recommend the all age version, I felt the endings were spoiled somewhat with the adult content.

--------------
「邪気にあてられて、自分を見失ったのね。父様を探しに行くの。あなた、邪魔よ」

RyokoTenchi
2003-12-18, 13:13
well i would love to buy this and many other visual novels but i cannot seem to find out where i can buy an english version. does anyone know a way i could contact the companies to let them now we love thier stuff too?

Haeleth
2003-12-18, 13:14
i cannot seem to find out where i can buy an english version. does anyone know a way i could contact the companies to let them now we love thier stuff too?
Unfortunately the market is basically too small for it to be worth the money involved in releasing official English versions. Even in Japan the market is quite small, that's why the games are so expensive. It's no coincidence that all the bishoujo games that do get English releases are hardcore hentai stuff - not many Americans are interested in reading heartwarming romance on their computer screen.

Where AIR is concerned, you may not be out of luck permanently. I'm personally aware of at least two AIR fan translation projects having started. They're almost certainly dead by now, but you never know.

For anyone wanting to buy Air, I recommend the all age version, I felt the endings were spoiled somewhat with the adult content.
Not to mention that the all age version is about $20 cheaper. ;)

As an aside, I found it rather interesting that the Minagi H stuff only comes in the "bad ending". And there still seems to be some doubt whether Clannad will have an adult version at all. So maybe someone at Key shares your opinion...

And, as a total aside, I've been pondering whether or not it might be worth adding a "disable adult content" option to Kanon. After all, there will be people who buy the adult version and then wish they hadn't, and it would be quite easy to let them censor it.

Bust Nak
2003-12-19, 02:09
Hey boss. A quick self introduction as a new member. I am a Chinese, I have learnt a bit of Japanese during my univercity days, along with being able to read kanji, I know just about enough Japanese to get me through To Heart with the aid of Jdict. Kanon and Air being more "heavy" are quite a bit more difficult than To Heart though. I am fortunate enough to get hold of a Chinese script to Air, I am picking up more Japanese vocab by playing through it with the help of the script. I am currently taking a break from Air after finishing an Ending for Minagi, it just doesn't feel right to "switch target" so soon :)

When you say disable do you mean black out/skip the adult screens or can you replace it with scenes from the all age version? If you are able to convert the adult version to the all age version via a patch it'll be great.

I got Kanon and Air at the same time, both adult version. If I am given the choice now I would have gone for the all age versions instead. This time round I will definitely go for the all age Clannad, as soon as the voice patch as avaliable :)

Haeleth
2003-12-19, 06:26
When you say disable do you mean black out/skip the adult screens or can you replace it with scenes from the all age version? If you are able to convert the adult version to the all age version via a patch it'll be great.
There aren't any extra scenes in the all-age version; the adult scenes are simply cut, and while there are a few new CGs, those are used with existing text.

Obviously I couldn't add the new CGs, but it would be trivial to add an option to skip the adult scenes, which would give you pretty much exactly the same script as in the all-age version. Do you think that's worth doing?

(I can do the same for AIR, too, if you like.)

RyokoTenchi
2003-12-19, 13:09
if thats what people want than sure that sounds like a great idea to me. i did not even know i had the adult version till haeleth should me how to find out hehe.

Aldareon
2003-12-19, 19:35
There's a quick 'n easy way to find out if the version we're using? Would it be ok if you could enlighten me as to how this can be done?

Thanks!

Haeleth
2003-12-20, 02:39
For Kanon, yes. Look in your Kanon folder. If the EXE file there is AVG3216M.EXE, you've got the adult version. If it's AVG3217M.EXE, you've got the all-age version.
Even quicker and easier is to look on the box; this works for AIR, too. If there's a sticker on the side saying 18, well, I'll put it this way - that isn't the number of awards the game won. :รพ

Bust Nak
2003-12-21, 02:08
It will definitely be worth it, espically if you think it wouldn't be difficult to add it. It would be great if you can patch Air too. As for new CGs, I can probably find them online somewhere if I look so it wouldn't matter, and Key's game is more about the story than the Graphics anyway.

Haeleth
2003-12-21, 04:37
Well, it's on my "to do" list. I should be able to get it done some time over Christmas.

2003-12-23, 17:12
Does the patch work witht the ps2 all age version?

AnimeOtakuSama
2003-12-23, 23:27
Where AIR is concerned, you may not be out of luck permanently. I'm personally aware of at least two AIR fan translation projects having started. They're almost certainly dead by now, but you never know.

Is there a site that shows the status or a homepage of that translation project or group?

Haeleth
2003-12-24, 02:05
Does the patch work with the ps2 all age version?

Nope. The only way the PS2 version is going to get translated is if someone who knows how does all the hacking, in which case I'd happily let them use my script.

Is there a site that shows the status or a homepage of that translation project or group?

Not that I know of... the lack of announcements is one of the reasons I suspect they never got off the ground.

Horaki
2003-12-31, 06:36
There were rumors flying around about an animated version of Air in the works. Supposedly, Fuji TV is/was working on it, but other than that I haven't heard anything about it.

Does this rumor hold any water at all?

Bust Nak
2004-01-01, 01:23
In an interview of the marker about clannad mentioned the anime too. I think we can be sure it's in the works.

RyokoTenchi
2004-01-03, 16:02
wow lots of people know about this one. i wish i could play it now. hehe. i am not even sure of a general storyline for it.

Chaoticreign
2004-01-09, 18:51
In an interview of the marker about clannad mentioned the anime too. I think we can be sure it's in the works.

Well, he sounded hopeful more than anything, so I wouldn't really bet on it...

*cough* By the way, this isn't really advertising, is it?

Unofficial Air Translation Project
http://odin.prohosting.com/creign/Air/index.html

You might have to switch Encoding-->Japanese to see it properly.

Prohosting isn't a very good free webspace thingy, but it was the best I could find...

Haeleth
2004-01-10, 01:36
Looking for: Someone who knows how to patch the text back into the PC version of the game.

I think this guy (haeleth@haeleth.net) might be able to give you a hint or two. :p

Bust Nak
2004-01-10, 02:31
Hi Haeleth, I've just had a thought about disabling adult scenes, can this be done by modifying the AVG.EXE only or does it involve changing the scenario as well? i.e. Will it be possible to apply this patch to the original game without the translation? Also whould it be possible to remove the "offending" pictures from the gallery? I am asking because when I play translated games I perfere to have the Japanese version running at the same time so I can have a go at pick up new vocab.

Haeleth
2004-01-10, 03:26
Will it be possible to apply this patch to the original game without the translation? Also would it be possible to remove the "offending" pictures from the gallery?
The censorship patches - I'm just putting them together today - should work with any adult version of the game, possibly even with the voice patches, although obviously I can't test those.

As far as removing the adult pictures altogether goes, well, it would be possible, but slightly tricky. The easiest approach is just to copy some other picture over each of the adult bitmap files. A perfectionist would also edit them out of the CG data file, but I'm not sure I'll bother going that far for now - it'll mean you won't be able to get 100% CG, but AFAIK that's only cosmetic.

RyokoTenchi
2004-01-11, 14:09
i do not recognize the new girl in your Avatar Haeleth. who is she?

Haeleth
2004-01-11, 16:17
i do not recognize the new girl in your Avatar Haeleth. who is she?

That's Rui from <span title="Susuki no hara no yakusoku ('the promise of the field of pampas grass')">ススキノハラの約束</a>. It's a pretty average game, but it does have nice character design.

RyokoTenchi
2004-01-12, 19:11
*spends an hour translating what haeleth wrote*

oh i heard of that game. i heard it was good.

Walker-san
2004-01-18, 16:34
yo...new here, not new to Key and their great games. Love the Kanon game and anime.

For the Air anime, I found THIS (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2480) on animenewsnetwork. I don't know if it's confirmation or what....it's been there for a few months now. I hope it is true....I will definatly watch it.

RyokoTenchi
2004-01-20, 11:54
hmmm. now i can finally see what air is about hehe.

zalas
2004-02-04, 14:55
Well, I bumbled through the Misuzu plot in the first third of AIR with my super rudimentary knowledge of Japanese. Even when only understanding like 10% of what was going on, it was just so....... breathtaking, though the HCG at the end ruined it -_-;;

As for AIR anime, moonphase has this (http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime_gossip.html) to say about it.
Couldn't make out the exact meaning, but I think it says that nbkz from minori (he's the guy that directed Wind -a breath of heart-) says that the format of the anime version is undetermined and that OVA is most likely. O_o;; (smack me if this is wrong ~_~)

Kahless
2004-02-05, 03:10
It's still just a rumour and we probbably have to wait untill Clannad been released.

2004-02-07, 16:58
I'm slightly confused, is there a translation patch for Air? If so, could a link be provided? Thanks.

And Haeleth, keep up the good work on the Kanon translation. I can't wait for the next patch.

I really need to learn Japanese. ^^;;

zalas
2004-02-07, 23:00
I really need to learn Japanese. ^^;;
Just keep in mind that you need a LOT of Japanese classes to be able to understand AIR as much as you should (which I didn't, hooray Chinese ^^;)

Haeleth
2004-02-08, 03:17
I'm slightly confused, is there a translation patch for Air? If so, could a link be provided? Thanks.
I don't know of a patch. However, Chaoticreign has translated a lot of the game, including the whole of Misuzu's story, in a text format, and you can find that by following the link in his post on page 2 of this thread. That may turn into a patch at some point in the future.

Just keep in mind that you need a LOT of Japanese classes to be able to understand AIR as much as you should (which I didn't, hooray Chinese ^^;)
Is that because you were playing the Chinese translation, or because your Chinese helped you understand the kanji? In the latter case, I imagine you were slightly surprised every time the characters took a bath... :p

Blackavar
2004-02-10, 19:48
There's a preliminary patch up at the Unofficial Air Translation Project put up just recently (like, within the last few hours since I have it set as one of my homepages. =P).

http://odin.prohosting.com/creign/Air/index.html

(Haven't actually tested it though...currently checking out a partial translation of Mizuiro. =) )

Keisuke
2004-03-04, 10:50
yo...new here, not new to Key and their great games. Love the Kanon game and anime.

For the Air anime, I found THIS (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2480) on animenewsnetwork. I don't know if it's confirmation or what....it's been there for a few months now. I hope it is true....I will definatly watch it.

I really do not hope that this is a rumor/fake...but..

http://moeboard.net/fldzmtkwjs/20030624-2302-349.jpg

Oh and Hi everyone! I just signed up today ^_^

Chaoticreign
2004-03-05, 02:56
You arrived right on time XD (or would that be exactly at the wrong time?)

In news just in, it look like an Air movie has pretty much been confirmed:
http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html#movie
(apparently the news was first released at 2ch, whatever that is)

The supposedly director's homepage:
http://www.toshima.ne.jp/~styou/

Aldareon
2004-03-06, 18:12
How can I tell which version of AIR is the 18+ and the all age version? I remember seeing somewhere on the net that there was an orange and a blue version. Any hints?

Chaoticreign
2004-03-07, 20:43
How can I tell which version of AIR is the 18+ and the all age version? I remember seeing somewhere on the net that there was an orange and a blue version. Any hints?

A Sydneysider here! Yay!

As for your question, the 18+ and the all-ages version had different covers, if I recalled correctly. There's no blue/orange version thing - Disk 1 is just called the Blue Disk and Disc 2 the Orange Disk (which also kind of doubles as the music CD)

K
2004-03-08, 15:00
Get Susie and the PDT plugin, then flip through the CGs.

If there's H-scenes then you've got the 18+ one, if not, you don't.

K
2004-03-08, 19:38
BTW, has anyone gotten the Air patch to work properly?

It says it translates the Misuzu branch of the Dream arc, but I'm on 23/7 now and still no translated text...

The title is "Air (CR's English version)" as I suppose it should be, but other than that the only difference seems to be that as I start the game it says "Memory Free Error".

Any ideas?

Aldareon
2004-03-08, 23:17
What system are you running at? WinXP might be giving problems, unless the patch wasn't able to completely install.

Also,

There's no blue/orange version thing - Disk 1 is just called the Blue Disk and Disc 2 the Orange Disk (which also kind of doubles as the music CD)

So that means that the game is actually 2 CDs - one being the game installation files and the 2nd being a normal ost with no data. Thanks for the tip! That resolves much of the confusion

K
2004-03-09, 15:05
When you bought the game, didn't it come on 2 discs? It's not like they'd give you both versions, they're sold seperately.

But yeah, I guess WinXP is the problem. Oh well. Using "Oh! Text Hooker" now... Babelfished Air is hilarious. But it's vaguely understandable...

Aldareon
2004-03-09, 20:29
Haven't bought the game yet - that's why I was asking ^_^
Just wanted to do some net research beforehand and I stumbled on what I misread as the versions coming in 2 colour codings. Then it came to me that the kind people in this forum would be able to help me out ^_^

Chaoticreign
2004-03-10, 01:33
BTW, has anyone gotten the Air patch to work properly?

It says it translates the Misuzu branch of the Dream arc, but I'm on 23/7 now and still no translated text...

The title is "Air (CR's English version)" as I suppose it should be, but other than that the only difference seems to be that as I start the game it says "Memory Free Error".

Any ideas?

I messed up ><

I accidentally placed the wrong seen.txt into the no voice patch, I think. I'm having trouble with the cd drive on the internet-connected computer at the moment, so it might be a small while before I can upload the correct one...and prohosting is down, so I can't update the site with the error report either. If it's still down when I do manage to upload it, I'll post the link here or something.

Keisuke
2004-03-11, 03:55
You arrived right on time XD (or would that be exactly at the wrong time?)

In news just in, it look like an Air movie has pretty much been confirmed:
http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html#movie

Wooah... a Movie? On theater?

Stranger
2004-03-11, 04:14
WAAAYYYYYYY of topic.... but just wandering... Keisuke.. from which game did you get that image???... she seems to be familier... but I can't quite place her.

Also, the link seems to just says "2004", but no date, anybody knows *when* it will released??.. Can't wait for the fansub... hopefully it will be something like the subing of "Pia Carrot 3".

Keisuke
2004-03-11, 04:44
WAAAYYYYYYY of topic.... but just wandering... Keisuke.. from which game did you get that image???... she seems to be familier... but I can't quite place her.

Minagi from AIR.
I scanned it from one of AIR doujinshi(NON-H!!!) I have.

K
2004-03-11, 13:11
Hey, no need to emphasize "non-H"... it's not like AIR itself doesn't have H-scenes anyway, unless you have the all-ages version, in which case you can just ignore this comment ^_^;

Anyhow, she doesn't quite look the same in that pic, but it's nice nonetheless.

Haeleth
2004-03-11, 13:58
Hey, no need to emphasize "non-H"... it's not like AIR itself doesn't have H-scenes anyway
H doujinshi do have a bit of a reputation for taking things, um, rather further than more mainstream games like AIR. I can quite understand Keisuke wanting to distance himself from the more unpleasant hentai stuff...

Keisuke
2004-03-11, 16:32
Heh... ^^;;

I don't mind the scenes in the game. (I have AIR adult ver.)

I just don't like H-doujinshi's because they just 'DESTROYS' the images of perfectly fine characters.

I've seen some of AIR H-doujinshi scans on the internet, and gosh, it really was painful to watch characters being a 'sluts'.

K
2004-03-12, 13:07
Ah... ok then, I misunderstood, sorry ^_^;

K
2004-03-13, 13:53
BTW, Chaoticreign, if you want someone to edit your translation, I can probably help with that when I get some spare time.

Also, I'm getting a lot of boxes on your translation pages... like this...

"Yukito: �g�c�c�c�h"

Do you know how to fix that?

EDIT: One more thing, the version of your patch for the voiced version seems to kill the voices. You can hear people talk, but it doesn't correspond to the text.

Sorry if it seems like I have lots of complaints ^_^;

Haeleth
2004-03-13, 15:22
Also, I'm getting a lot of boxes on your translation pages... like this...
"Yukito: �g�c�c�c�h"
Do you know how to fix that?
It's a character coding issue. Manually setting your browser to use Shift_JIS should fix it. I'm not sure why it isn't working automatically, since the pages are correctly identifying themselves as using Shift_JIS - some weirdness in the HTML FrontPage produces, I expect.

One more thing, the version of your patch for the voiced version seems to kill the voices. You can hear people talk, but it doesn't correspond to the text.
If ChaoticReign doesn't have any ideas on this one I can probably work out what the problem is, but you'd need to identify a specific example of a mismatch.

K
2004-03-13, 18:29
Manually setting your browser to use Shift_JIS should fix it.

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you do that? ^_^;

Chaoticreign
2004-03-13, 19:57
Manually setting your browser to use Shift_JIS should fix it.

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you do that? ^_^;

Right click-->Encoding-->Japanese ^^

I think somone mentioned somwhere that there's a weird problem with IE not recognising the tag <META http-equiv=""> on some pages, for some odd reason...that's why it doesn't change automatically.

As for the voices - the most likely reason is because you've got a different PS2 voice patch to mine >< I don't know how to fix that...would Haeleth-san be able to help? *looks to Haeleth with pleading eyes*

Haeleth
2004-03-14, 03:28
I think somone mentioned somwhere that there's a weird problem with IE not recognising the tag <META http-equiv=""> on some pages, for some odd reason...that's why it doesn't change automatically.
It's not just an IE problem, I get a similar problem in Firefox (for which the solution is View -> Character Coding, incidentally). Maybe it's something to do with the document language being identified as English? You might try changing that to Japanese. Or just replace the Shift_JIS quotes and ellipses with "" and ... in ASCII, of course!

As for the voices - the most likely reason is because you've got a different PS2 voice patch to mine >< I don't know how to fix that...would Haeleth-san be able to help?
If that's the cause then it's simple enough: either you require people to use one specific voice patch, or you get a copy of the other voice patch and build a translation of that too. (As long as you're only using the adult version of AIR, you should just be able to disassemble, copy in your translated files, and rebuild, without having to change anything else. Most voice patches should be able to patch SEEN.TXT without needing to install the voice files, so supporting the lot is just a case of spending a few more hours preparing each release.)

If you're using the same voice patch, on the other hand, things could get a bit more interesting. I'm willing to debug the problem if necessary.

So the first thing is for you two to reveal which voice patches you're using, and we can go on from there.

K
2004-03-14, 10:57
I used vAVGe, uncompressed scenario file... that's how I got Kanon working, so I figured that'd work for Air too.

Haeleth
2004-03-14, 12:27
That's it, then: Chaoticreign's using a PS2-based patch, probably vpatchPS2 (http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Rook/8600/). They seem to name the voice files in the same way, but assigning the same names to different files... hence the problem you're seeing.

We can't just rename the voice files to match what the translation is expecting, as I believe vAVG32 is derived from the Dreamcast version (so it doesn't have any voices for Yukito, whereas the voice patch version Chaoticreign is distributing requires them). I guess either he needs to compile a vAVG32-compatible version, or I need to translate vpatchPS2... ^^;

K
2004-03-14, 14:08
Ouch. I guess I'll just rely on the script until then ^_^;

...Speaking of the script, I did what you said and there's no more blocks. It still does need some proofreading though...

Chaoticreign
2004-03-14, 22:26
Ouch. I guess I'll just rely on the script until then ^_^;

...Speaking of the script, I did what you said and there's no more blocks. It still does need some proofreading though...

The scripts on the site are out of date XD Think of them as the unedited draft translations...after I started on the patch I kind of gave up on it, because it was difficult to keep both the site scripts and the game scripts (the game scripts has more stuff, and stuff in different places too) up to date, especially if I'm correcting small mistakes here or there...

I'm going to put the game scripts up when I have the time, in case any one wants to point out the myriad of errors in them in a more efficient way >< Time is just not a luxury I have much of at the moment, unfortunately...

K
2004-03-15, 14:04
That's okay, it's a free project. Just wanted you to know ^_^;

Arcane Azmadi
2004-03-15, 20:28
A Sydneysider here! Yay!

Actually, I live in Sydney too. Didn't know you did.

I just wish I could play Air, but it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to- I'm only able to play Kanon because a friend of mine had a copy and Haeleth is working on his excellent patch (my Japanese isn't NEARLY good enough to handle something as complex as Kanon!)- I'd be pushing shit uphill trying to locate a copy of Air and then play it without a patch. I suppose I can make do with an anime- Kanon was fantastic, so I'll be expecting good things from Air.

Keisuke
2004-03-15, 22:06
I really think you should just purchase one.
It's worth every penny.

Stranger
2004-03-15, 23:20
It's worth every penny.
You forgot the part about knowing good Japanese. There is no use getting a car if you can't drive (which remind's me, everyone at my age already have a driver's licenses... maybe I should get one... but I don't go out... so I don't need one... but I don't go out because I don't have one... humm... I will need to meditate on this one)

Oh well... am still trying to learn Japanese.. hopefully soon (10 years down the line) I will be able to play the game :-).
I suppose I can make do with an anime- Kanon was fantastic, so I'll be expecting good things from Air.
It seems that the anime is just another type of an Ad for the game, they will show you bits here and there, and in the end tell's you that to get the full story (or get the good ending, "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" comes to mind) you need to buy the game and play the bloody thing.

2004-03-15, 23:27
It's worth every penny.
You forgot the part about knowing good Japanese. There is no use getting a car if you can't drive (which remind's me, everyone at my age already have a driver's licenses... maybe I should get one... but I don't go out... so I don't need one... but I don't go out because I don't have one... humm... I will need to meditate on this one)

Oh well... am still trying to learn Japanese.. hopefully soon (10 years down the line) I will be able to play the game :-).
Ah my bad... Gomen.

Stranger
2004-04-23, 22:48
Finnaly I got AIR, and installed the translation patch, and after playing for an houre I take back what I said before.

OI, whoever does not have AIR should get it. The translation patch does lock you into Misuzo's story and only the Dream part. But it is better then nothing.

I am still in the beging of the game and I already find it better then kanon. And way funnier then kanon. I guess watching the anime of kanon before playing the game was a bad idea (and acutly made me not to want to play Aya's story). So people play AIR's Misuzo's Dream story before the movie comes out :-)

Keisuke
2004-04-24, 00:07
Recently, I was able to play one of my friend's AIR all age edition.

Well this is just my sole opinion, but I felt that the all age edition was more 'completed' compare to the reg. adult edition of AIR.

I really liked the new replaced/added CG shots. I.E. I really felt that Minagi and Yukito's roof top scene really needed a CG shot.
New CG shots in Summer episode pleased me as well.

And of course, nasty bugs were fixed as well. In adult ver. Kano scenario, there are a lot of parts where Hijiri is saying Kano's line(script).

Here are All age AIR CG shots for those who have already played AIR, but haven't seen All age edition CG shots yet. All of these images contains a spoiler, so if you haven't played AIR, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK!!!

http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/AIRCG1.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/AIRCG2.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/AIRCG3.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/AIRCG4.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/AIRCG5.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/AIRCG6.jpg
http://www.myimgs.com/data/PKIM/AIRCG7.jpg

To admin: I will delete the link if I'm not suppose to post the image link.

Stranger
2004-04-24, 01:26
thanks for the images Keisuke, I've saved them, and hopfully I will view them one day.

I've wandered why people always wanted to insist that they have the all ages version of the games they had. And I am not sure how things will turn out in AIR (that why I like AIR... kanon anime was a big spoller), but now that I think of it... am not realy sure if I will want to see any kind of adult images of Misuzo (and I am still the begging of the game), let alone the other girls. But I guess it is too late for me since I have the adult version of the game.

Oh well... thanks again for the images.... and if you don't mind, I have to go a hit Misuzo on the head again :-)

Keisuke
2004-04-24, 07:33
The name of character is MISUZU.

K
2004-04-24, 10:22
am not realy sure if I will want to see any kind of adult images of Misuzo (and I am still the begging of the game), let alone the other girls. But I guess it is too late for me since I have the adult version of the game.

The censor program Haeleth made works on Air too, I believe. So if you've got doubts, get that.

Aldareon
2004-04-25, 19:42
Quoting Arcane Azmadi:

I just wish I could play Air, but it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to

If you really want to grab a copy, then head over to the cartoon gallery in town hall - www.cartoongallery.com.au . Speak to the person at the counter and tell them that you want to make an order. If you get to speak to Michael Heins (the owner) then you're in luck - he goes to japan often. I've never approached them to ask for a game, but it's worth trying if you don't have a credit card. Would be nice if you can get exact details so they won't have to go fishing for it themselves.

Another place I can think of is www.tamarket.com.au - they do requests once or twice a year, but still worth trying and you don't have to pay using a credit card.

Finally, if you do anything like kendo or are in an anime club then you could try asking one of the guys there when they go back to japan for a vacation - if you can gather the courage to ask them without being looked at as a pervert ^_^ (it's hard enough being in a shiai/jigeiko against a jap without having to look at them smirking at you)

Bust Nak
2004-05-26, 15:12
Finished Air just now. Leaves you with an unexplainable feeling, very emotional, make you feel sad and strangely as ease at the same time. Kinda overwhelm right now, just have to let some one know...

JudicatorOmega
2004-05-26, 23:43
Hey, something has been bugging me for over 3 months already. I can't get the voice patch to work on the unofficial Air translation project. I could have asked about this a long time ago, but I kind of hoped it would fix itself. ^_^

The voices are installed and inside the DAT directory as numbered folders 1-25, but everyone has the same voice! When Misuzu first talks to you, you can clearly hear that the main character's voice is talking instead. I can't speak japanese, but I can tell when the english script and japanese voices don't match either.

My guess is that either the filenames are incorrect or in the wrong directories, or that the translation patch's seen.txt is asking for the wrong voice files. Somebody please help me somehow...

Bust Nak
2004-05-27, 14:46
I have folders named 00 to 07 in Dat. And in each are wavs from 0000.wav onwards. I think the sound ripped from PS2 and DC are stored in a different structure.

Haeleth
2004-05-27, 16:21
Yup, the PS2 version gives folders 00 to 07, and the DC version gives folders 01 to 25. The files included are not identical, and neither is a pure superset of the other, so I'm not sure it would be easy just to rename the files...

The simplest solution... well, the simplest would be to find a copy of the PS2 version's voice files, but that might not be easy. Apart from that, the simplest solution would be to ask ChaoticReign to support the DC-based voice patch; he should be able to compile a version for it without needing a copy of the DC voice files.

JudicatorOmega
2004-05-30, 16:31
Well that sure does explain everything.

I would do what you say and ask ChaoticReign to support the DC voice patch, but it would make a me feel even more guilty than I already am. I didn't even go and buy the game, so I don't really deserve it.

But there may be other people who want the voice patch and they bought the DC game, so I guess it couldn't hurt to ask...

K
2004-05-30, 18:52
I'm fairly sure the PS2 patch only works on the all-age version. Considering the translation patch only works on the adult version, there's a problem...

Unless I'm wrong about this...

AzureLight
2004-06-03, 10:54
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~kogarashi/img/jam.jpg

from Fallen Leaves (http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~kogarashi/)

K
2004-06-03, 13:22
o_x

zalas
2004-06-05, 11:03
Haruko in a school girl outfit is just creepy, even though she does act a bit immature at times :3

K
2004-06-05, 17:38
You mean you don't find the others creepy too?

zalas
2004-06-05, 20:08
Whoa, I just realized that was Akiko and not Nayuki haha. kimoi~~

Haeleth
2004-06-06, 03:02
Hijiri-san <strike>kawaii</strike> kowai!

Weave
2004-06-06, 05:19
I concur. Cute things don't wield medical knives and have "I'm gonna cut you and watch you bleed to death" looks on their face.

Keisuke
2004-06-07, 14:30
All hail to Akdemon-sama! She is the most powerful one! =P

K
2004-06-08, 15:51
*points to av*

ChronoReverse
2004-06-08, 18:09
Wow, that sure is freaky, but somehow Akiko still manages to look completely calm.

K
2004-06-08, 18:23
That's generally the case...

adun50
2004-06-08, 18:28
AARRGGH!! i just got Air from a friend and now i'm stuck between playing Kanon, Air or Da Capo. oh well. oh btw, to install Air, do i need to change my language settings to Japanese?? i had to do this for Da Capo coz the installer could recognise certain foler names.

Keisuke
2004-06-08, 19:08
oh well. oh btw, to install Air, do i need to change my language settings to Japanese??

Yes. you do. Or else you will see incredible ailen languages.

Stranger
2004-06-08, 21:19
oh well. oh btw, to install Air, do i need to change my language settings to Japanese??

Yes. you do. Or else you will see incredible ailen languages.I am not sure about that, I installed it in English MS Windows, and it worked fine (unless by Ailen Language you mean ASCII!!). Any way, it will play fine in English, if you use the Translated SEEN.TXT.

NOW... can I ask if there is any work done on a future release of the SEEN.TXT, or is it a forbiden topic :-)

Keisuke
2004-06-09, 14:24
Hm.... I have Windows xp and I had to change the regional setting to Japanese in order to install the game..

adun50
2004-06-18, 13:11
well i happened to install the game and played in it english regional settings, it's Clannad that needs to be changed to Japanese, but i'm sure i can use AppLocale to fix that. so my impressions of Air is that it's REALLY good. the music is the best and planning on buying the OST next month.

comparing to Kanon, i do say that Air is a bit better, but i still prefer Kanon, probably coz i've played more of Kanon than Air so far. although i do question a few things in Air such as is Minagi really the smartest in her class?? what's the go with Potato?? and many other things

Stranger
2004-06-18, 20:41
it's Clannad that needs to be changed to Japanese, but i'm sure i can use AppLocale to fix that.I am affrad that AppLocale doesn't support Clannad that well... you will need to use Jap-Windows. (Note: There is nothing different about using Jap-Windows... everything is the same, exceipt that H-Games work better).
although i do question a few things in Air such as is Minagi really the smartest in her class?? what's the go with Potato?? and many other thingsMinagi is too slow to be the smartest, heck I will be suprised if she ever finnished any of her exam papers, let alone answer qustions in the class. Considereing Misuzo, she might have made a mistake while talking about Minagi, she said smart instead of suker :-)

P.S. No offinse intended to anyones fellings, this post is a joke, like most of my other posts.

Aldareon
2004-06-18, 21:38
There is nothing different about using Jap-Windows... everything is the same

Not really - the font and sizes are different, and in my case it gives me a yen symbol instead of a backslash. I've heard that some programs don't like windows speaking Jap, but I haven't come across this yet.

Haeleth
2004-06-19, 02:33
is Minagi really the smartest in her class?
If the rest of them are anything like Misuzu, that wouldn't really be particularly impressive...

Key seem to like making their smart girls into klutzes, though - cf. Kotomi from Clannad.

what's the go with Potato?
It's very simple: pikopikopiko! Pikopiko, piko... pikopikopiko, piko. Piko? Pikopiko. See?

Aldareon
2004-06-19, 03:26
I choose to think of potato as a cross breed between a dog and a bunny .. perhaps incubated in a potatoe. "Piko" is a rabbit's interpretation of a dog's bark.
If not that, then it is most definitely a gene spliced potatoe gone awry. That's what you get for making genetically modified food ^_^ and it is most probably just being fattened for a special occassion

Weave
2004-06-19, 13:40
with enough ketchup, sure I'd eat it.