PDA

View Full Version : Help with puttext in NScripter

qazmlpok
2013-04-30, 10:33
Hi, I'm trying to use the gettext function to insert entire script lines for a VN that I'm translating. This method is somewhat working, but chokes upon reaching an @ in the script. Strangely, the @ is processed and the game enters clickwait mode, but upon clicking it immediately crashes with an error message stating that EOF was unexpectedly reached. The line number it is giving is 10884, while the script file itself has 10895 lines - so almost, but not quite the end of the file.

I can't find any way to make this symbol work. Nothing I put after it avoids the crash, including nothing at all. Doing a separate puttext "@" doesn't work either; in that case nothing happens at all.

Is there any way to make puttext work with the script token?

Unregistered
2013-05-03, 12:49
I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but if you're trying to print a message containing "@" somewhere and it fails, try using a fullwidth "ï¼ " instead (Alt+65312 on keypad in Windows).

qazmlpok
2013-05-04, 03:53
I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but if you're trying to print a message containing "@" somewhere and it fails, try using a fullwidth "ï¼ " instead (Alt+65312 on keypad in Windows).

That would display an @ sign. I'm trying to use the syntax marker @ through puttext.

For example:
puttext "Test line@Second part"

I want this to display "Test line", enter clickwait mode, then display "Second part".

I'm doing this for wordwrapping. I've discovered "luacall text" and "NSCALL_text()", which gives me the text of every line as it would be displayed. Then I'm supposed to use puttext to actually display the text, but as the text contains the @ and \ syntax markers, it breaks. I haven't been able to find any way to make these work, nor any way to emulate them.

Yirba
2013-08-22, 11:32
Just do:

`Test line`@/
`Second part`\

???