PDA

View Full Version : Kirikiri patching troubles


zryn
2013-03-18, 19:46
Hello,

I've been trying to patch a game that uses the Kirikiri engine with one script file that I have added a little English to to try. I have tried packing it with the Kirikiri tools into patch.xp3, but when I try to run the game with the patch I get a "fatal error" about ANSI not being able to be converted into Unicode, etc.

I have tried converting the script file into unicode and also leaving it in SJIS, but the problem was not solved. I'm hoping that somebody can give me a little bit of advise here! I would be very grateful.

Unregistered
2013-03-18, 21:54
Hello,

I've been trying to patch a game that uses the Kirikiri engine with one script file that I have added a little English to to try. I have tried packing it with the Kirikiri tools into patch.xp3, but when I try to run the game with the patch I get a "fatal error" about ANSI not being able to be converted into Unicode, etc.

I have tried converting the script file into unicode and also leaving it in SJIS, but the problem was not solved. I'm hoping that somebody can give me a little bit of advise here! I would be very grateful.

that depends on what game your packing with... can you give specific details

Unregistered
2013-05-07, 22:25
Hi and thanks for the reply!

The game is Taishou Mebiusline.

I don't know if it's relevant , but the xp3 files could only be opened by xp3viewer (it and every other program says "this archive is protected", but xp3viewer was still able to extract). Once data.xp3 is extracted the text files are in SJIS format and aren't encrypted.

Unregistered
2013-05-08, 01:07
Sorry for the double post

A few other details. I was able to unpack them with Kikiriki, but got gibberish instead of the script. I tried just repacking these files to patch.xp3, but that caused the same error.

I tried to hook Kikiriki with the exe and the tmp file, but then there is an error message (not a vaild kirikiri exe) so I can't repack with Kikiriki.