PDA

View Full Version : Making an exe from kirikiri files?

Amber
2012-06-23, 06:49
Hi there! Very nice to meet everyone. ^^/ I'm a new member in the board, I hope I'll get along here. o:

I'm a new visual novel maker trying to learn how to do a simple visual novel game... I still got a lot to learn, but there is one thing I need to ask, since I cannot find the answer anywhere. D:

When you are done with the game, how do you compile your files to an exe for distribution?

Thank you very much!

THE MYSTERIOUS EXPERT
2012-06-23, 09:28
Well there should be a krkrrel.exe on the kirikiri prog set which makes the final version of your program.

2 ways you can do.
1. Put all your scripts within the exe.
2. make an archive(xp3) first then exe.

If you have the english translated version of the kirikiri tool then no problem...
If not get it on tlwiki they have it...

Amber
2012-06-23, 22:06
Ah, thanks for quickly replying! I appreciate it! ^^

I found the krkrrel.exe inside after looking for a while, and I did play around with it... First, choosing the folder, then making an xp3, and then an exe... I tried to make an EXE on my own, but I don't really know how... (I tried finding an instruction manual but no luck either. ^^; )

I'm trying to make a simple EXE out of this folder:
http://i.imgur.com/bNPam.gif

I tried making an EXE from the kag3 folder, but an error message popped saying "No startup.tjs" found, I think D: How do you go about doing this?

THE MYSTERIOUS EXPERT
2012-06-27, 02:53
basically you need to locate the file first then finalize it...
startup.tjs is the running start up of the program like
check on the introduction folder and you'll find it even in the template folder.....
the startup.tjs

when you make a program make sure to have the startup.tjs...
introduction folder is somewhat an introduction on how kirikiri works
and the template folder is a starting template on your visual novel...

Amber
2012-06-27, 05:36
basically you need to locate the file first then finalize it...
startup.tjs is the running start up of the program like
check on the introduction folder and you'll find it even in the template folder.....
the startup.tjs

when you make a program make sure to have the startup.tjs...
introduction folder is somewhat an introduction on how kirikiri works
and the template folder is a starting template on your visual novel...
Thanks for replying again. >A< <3

I... think I already located it, and yeah, I know that startup.tjs is to start up the thing. o: When I ran KiriKiri on it's own, and I chose the introduction folder, it ran just fine. ^^ I just... don't know how to compile it and distribute it as an EXE XD;

When I try compiling the entire thing with the krkrrel.exe, with what you said in mind, I made the introduction into an exe, and the rest into xp3 files and I kind of got... this. XD;

http://i.imgur.com/xW8Yv.png

As for that error, I think that means it can't find the directory... At least it doesn't say no startup.tjs anymore. 8DDD; Do you know how to properly compile it to make the exe work? =o Thank you very much, again, and sorry to trouble you!

(BTW, do you have MSN or AIM or anything? D: )

THE MYSTERIOUS EXPERT
2012-07-01, 04:45
Sorry of the late rep...
here is a sample:http://www.mediafire.com/?tb29f313f3dxak9

if you want to know more ask d_fallen_god
msn: d.fallen.god@gmail.com
ym: d_Fallen_god
or got to the channel #vnsociety on rizon

find him he made the sample I gave link.

Amber
2012-07-01, 22:02
Ahh, NP! 8DDD I'm just really glad you're still sticking with me with my noobie questions even until now!

And omg that exe XD It works so smooth! I manage to extract it with a tool! (http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Kirikiri2_for_Translators)

Although I wonder how do you break the exe... I tried the same method with the exe but nope. D:< Do you know how to split the exe?;; Thank you very much as always. >_<

And oooh, okay 8DDDD I already added him... I just hope he'll add me back and not think I'm some sort of spammer HAHA ;O;