PDA

View Full Version : Otoboku script problem and looking for advice

Unregistered
2011-07-18, 03:40
Hi, I am currently trying to get a text dump from a game called Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru, I have identified the compression method (arc3, caramelbox) and have located the text files (scr format), however this is where it gets rather odd to me. There is garbage text at the top of the document suggesting it is encrypted (which is supported by looking at it through animed). However not all of it is gibberish, there is large blocks of dialogue at the bottom with character voice commands, bgm etc etc chucked into the mix. This is consistent through all of the scenes as far as I can see, I do not know wether they somehow encrypted part of the file or they left that there to fuck with me (god knows its working), I am unsure as to how I should proceed at this point. I have looked into editing one of the lines and seeing if I could repack it and see the edit, but the plugin I used is read only. So I cannot create a new archive, I have no experience in cracking encryption of any sort and I have not been able to identify the engine.

This is my first attempt at a project, I would also appreciate any advice on what languages I should be looking to learn, right now I am familiar with batch, vbscript and I am looking into assembly, if someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Link to one of the scripts is below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?heva98g12av25w4