PDA

View Full Version : Translation Bounty: Subarashiki Hibi

Seventh Holy Scripture
2010-11-20, 13:14
I originally made this proposition to two individuals in private. One of them declined, and the other said at the time they'd give it a shot, but has since stopped returning my E-mails. So now I've decided to make it public - I'm not really expecting any takers, but who knows? At the least, the sight of it might remind people to answer their messages.

I like Subarashiki Hibi. I would like to share it with those of my acquaintances who have higher priorities in life than to become fluent in the Japanese language. That seems to apply to me as well (or I'm just lazy) and attempting a translation myself would no doubt be disastrous. So, instead, I wish to offer my small collection of VN merchandise as encouragement for anyone who might be interested in doing a proper job of it.

The cream of the crop is probably the MuvLuv stuff I bought at AX (http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1333/lootw.jpg), while the most pertinent to SubaHibi would be the Yuki dakimakura/tapestry set (http://www.keroq.co.jp/keromakura_shop/shophp/tttttttkero_goods.html) I have coming my way - or, if you'll accept nothing else, the first press edition of the game itself. There is more, but I won't spam by listing every last possession of mine.

You don't even need to commit to translating the entire game - I'd be content to see the trial version patched, which might stir up interest and encourage someone else to take up the mantle.

E-mail me if you're at all interested; if you have what it takes, I hope we can work out a reward to your liking.

fujifruit
2010-11-20, 15:30
Ehh.... here take this "Flame Shield"..

Gl I guess.

Anonymous of Argentina
2010-11-26, 17:31
Do you have some sort of quality standard?

Seventh Holy Scripture
2010-11-26, 18:46
Of course. If you want a guarantee that I'll be satisfied with your work, I ask that you show me something else you've done in advance.

If you have any completed translation projects under your belt you could point me at those, otherwise I think seeing your translation of this excerpt from "It's my Own Invention" (http://www.privatepaste.com/44a61f0e21) would adequately demonstrate your abilities.

appztetra
2010-11-27, 00:47
lol, this is great.

Unregistered
2010-11-29, 17:27
I remember reading this in multiple threads on /jp/ lol...
Well good luck, but those are weird items to offer... When I think "bounty" I would think the reward would be cash. If it's that important to you and you can't find someone to translate it then why don't you just learn Japanese? Seriously. Make it a goal. Take the responsibility of the translation into your own hands instead of begging for others to do it for you.

fujifruit
2010-11-29, 17:33
I remember reading this in multiple threads on /jp/ lol...
Well good luck, but those are weird items to offer... When I think "bounty" I would think the reward would be cash. If it's that important to you and you can't find someone to translate it then why don't you just learn Japanese? Seriously. Make it a goal. Take the responsibility of the translation into your own hands instead of begging for others to do it for you.
"I like Subarashiki Hibi. I would like to share it with those of my acquaintances who have higher priorities in life than to become fluent in the Japanese language"

I would assume hes played it in order to "like it"

Seventh Holy Scripture
2010-11-29, 18:14
Yes, I've read it. I just don't have an inflated enough opinion of my own linguistic prowess to attempt translating it myself.

If it's that important to you and you can't find someone to translate it then why don't you just learn Japanese? Seriously. Make it a goal. Take the responsibility of the translation into your own hands instead of begging for others to do it for you.

Because I have a life. Much as I'd like to spend every waking hour studying Japanese, I'm obliged to earn a living first. Perhaps in a few years I'll reach a level of ability where I feel capable of translation, but I figured I would make this offer in the meantime.