PDA

View Full Version : Looking for artist for VN Project!!!

MousE0910
2010-10-22, 09:20
Hello.

I'm working on a Visual Novel based on the anime Higurashi no Naku Koro ni along with one other person. The problem is, neither of us can draw (our skills are really, really weak), so we're in a desperate need of somebody who would draw the graphic for the VN. If you can draw well and are interested, please let me know.

The story is set in the Higurashi universe and uses its characters but the plot is completely original.

Unregistered
2010-10-22, 13:22
Hasn't Ryukishi given free license for people to use his work (other than the music, which isn't his) for fan projects? At least I've seen a number of Japanese fanfic VNs that do that... if so, he's the one person whom it wouldn't be unethical to just borrow his art. Why not do that instead of wasting an artist's time?

MousE0910, you'd probably stand a better chance asking in an OELVN forum such as the lemmasoft forums (lemmasoft.renai.us/forums).

fujifruit
2010-10-23, 01:10
MousE0910, you'd probably stand a better chance asking in an OELVN forum such as the lemmasoft forums (lemmasoft.renai.us/forums).

-Cough- To bad half of them are just as bad as him -Cough-

I'm sure you could look on some Anime art forums....If they exist....

zalas
2010-10-31, 02:19
Hasn't Ryukishi given free license for people to use his work (other than the music, which isn't his) for fan projects? At least I've seen a number of Japanese fanfic VNs that do that... if so, he's the one person whom it wouldn't be unethical to just borrow his art. Why not do that instead of wasting an artist's time?
The FAQ on his website seems to indicate that he is okay with "derivative works" as long as it doesn't contain material infringing on other people's copyrights (i.e. the music and sound effects). However, he uses the term 二次創作, which I believe commonly refers to actual create-from-scratch works as opposed to copy-paste-mashups. Most official companies will define 二次創作 that way, although it is not exactly clear what 07th Expansion's definition is. At the very least, it seems that this derivative work needs to at least show love towards the original work, and that is a motivating factor for the original owner to not pursue legal remedies.