PDA

View Full Version : How can I repack yu-ris script engine's files?

Unregistered
2010-08-11, 06:22
Hi

I tried to translate some yu-ris script engines game.

I could extract script and cg file with crass,

so, I have finished translation, I tried to repack them, but I can't

can anyone help me to solve this problem?

cheers!

dsp2003
2010-08-11, 09:06
You'll be able to pack YU-RIS engine archives (v2.47, v2.55 and v2.90) with the next release of AnimED. I'm still testing it and several bugs yet to be fixed before new build will be released. Stay tuned.

P.S. Something about the format you'll probably be surprised to hear: it uses recovery record feature.

Edit: Here you go, the "nighty" build (link not available anymore). No source code this time though. If you need it, please wait for the stable build.

Unregistered
2010-08-12, 05:03
You'll be able to pack YU-RIS engine archives (v2.47, v2.55 and v2.90) with the next release of AnimED. I'm still testing it and several bugs yet to be fixed before new build will be released. Stay tuned.

P.S. Something about the format you'll probably be surprised to hear: it uses recovery record feature.

Edit: Here you go, the "nighty" build in 7-zip archive (http://wks.arai-kibou.ru/download/animed/core_2010_08_12_nosrc.7z). No source code this time though. If you need it, please wait for the stable build.

It's cooooooooooooooooooooooL

thanks to your reply :)

Have a nice day!

Unregistered
2012-05-01, 18:32
Hey hou can you extract their script file?
I've tried crass, but after I extract .ypf file I got some .ybn file, ang crass can't do anything with them.
So how can you extract the .ybn one?

Strum
2012-05-01, 21:49
The ybn files are encrypted. You'll need to figure out the XOR key in order to make the script files readable. Out of interest, what game are you trying to crack?

Unregistered
2012-05-03, 05:52
I'm trying with Ina koi. What about the ybn file?

Strum
2012-05-03, 10:17
As I said, the ybn files are encrypted. You will need to figure out the XOR key to decrypt them so you can read the script files. The XOR key is different for every game.

Unregistered
2012-05-03, 18:42
So how can I find that key? Or someway to extract that file?

Somebody
2012-05-04, 10:23
(assuming the encryption scheme is just "XOR script with this static key")
XOR is symmetric, so decryption = encryption. Also, (0 XOR key) = key.

So at first I'd have dumped the memory of the game and looked for the decrypted script there. Hopefully you can spot some "marker", like VN engine commands, script file header, constant starting address of the decrypted script or something else that would simplify finding it the next time.
Having found the decrypted script, I'd have tried to feed the game with a zero-filled script file, dumped its memory again and what would be the "decrypted script" (use your "marker" to find it) will actually be the key (repeated several times if the script is longer than the key).

There are many ways to prevent this kind of attack (verifying the checksum of encrypted script before decrypting it, for example), but it's worth a try if you have no ideas at all.

Unregistered
2012-05-06, 07:35
I'm new, so can you give me a specific instruction?

Somebody
2012-05-06, 10:42
No, for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:
- I don't have the game nor I'm interested in it
- it doesn't look like there's any translation project around
- "specific instruction" must be a wall of text for it to be of use to "new" ones (which won't follow it anyway)

If you're really curious, read a VN hacking guide linked to at ttp://vn.i-forge.net/tools/
Then you'll be able to explain a programmer friend or freelancer what you want him to do for you.

Unregistered
2012-05-07, 06:47
I'll try.
Btw thank you.

Strum
2012-05-09, 10:26
Good luck, you may have a little trouble editing the names though. The names are stored in a seperate script file. When editing the script files (not the one with the list of names), leave the names alone or the whole thing will drop down into the textbox.

http://forums.novelnews.net/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=10

For some games like Master by Maid, its not a problem because of the plain rectangle textbox design.

http://forums.novelnews.net/picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=12

In other games like in Lyrical, it can be a bit of a problem since there's a space for the character names to appear above the textbox. As you can see, the name Makoto has dropped into the textbox.

Unfortunately, the textbox for Ina Koi is that of the latter, ie there's a space set for the character names above the textbox.