PDA

View Full Version : Kirikiri Text Translation

K&S
2010-04-23, 09:11
How do you get into a Kirikiri text file to add English translation? We've extracted a few things like the bgm files and cgs with Extract Data but we're looking for the text files.

Another thing, for some reason some of my Kirikiri games bgm doesn't play...it used too. The sound works fine, for example, when you hover your mouse over a button it'll click, etc. Anyone else ever have this problem? If so, knowing the solution would really help, thanks.

dsp2003
2010-04-23, 09:52
*facedesk*

Throw away the ExtractData, it won't help you to do anything but rip CGs and BGM from several games. You need Phiber's KiriKiri Command Line Tool (http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=File:Kikiriki.rar) (I hope you're not a noob and know how to use console tools, otherwise get out of here). The script files has a .csv, .ks and .txt extensions, all of them are plain Shift-JIS or UTF-16 text (varies, but .csv cannot be Unicode, otherwise the thing will blow up your PC in smoke).

The most of KiriKiri games are using OGG Vorbis. The OGG playback relies on the separate plugin presented together with every distribution. So, if your antivirus false-detected it as virus and deleted it from plugins directory, blame yourself.

In some configurations (i.e. with no Japanese locale support installed), the games with Japanese filenames for sound and music might not play the correspond data, cause the filename linked in the script won't match cause of incorrect unicode\shift-jis -> locale conversion.

HashiriyaR32
2010-04-23, 11:07
but .csv cannot be Unicode, otherwise the thing will blow up your PC in smoke.

Sound interesting. Any idea exactly why that would happen?

Unregistered
2010-04-23, 16:57
Of course csv can be in unicode, it's just plain text

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values

dsp2003
2010-04-24, 00:28
HashiriyaR32, that was a sarcasm. The truth is that KiriKiri simply won't understand Unicode-encoded .csv (at least, the builds I've worked with wouldn't).

K&S
2010-04-24, 20:36
Alright so I have access to the .ks files and can edit them alright...(I extracted the XP3 file with Crass) but how do I repack it all back again? I have tried Xp3-repack but it immediately cancels the moment I click on it. I have also tried this Krkrrel tool that comes with Krkr itself but I can't seem to figure it out.