PDA

View Full Version : Creating g00 files?

lovepopp
2010-04-16, 20:30
So I've been editing graphics for a vn that has g00 files. I extracted the bmps using Crass with no problem, but can anyone tell me how to get the bmp files back into g00 format?

dsp2003
2010-04-17, 04:39
lovepopp, you can't. Besides the image itself, g00 contains metadata. Unfortunately, crass simply ignores it. You'll have to get RealLive Development Kit from Haeleth, and re-extract files again, now with metadata, in order to be able to import translated images.

lovepopp
2010-04-17, 15:47
I downloaded it and ran vaconv.exe, but I'm not quite sure how to extract the g00 file I want. When I input 'C:\smuma01.g00' it gives me no response, and when I try to input an option it tells me I have no input file selected? Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry for sounding so terribly noobish, I'm not really used to programs without GUIs.

duckweed2005
2010-04-18, 00:47
I downloaded it and ran vaconv.exe, but I'm not quite sure how to extract the g00 file I want. When I input 'C:\smuma01.g00' it gives me no response, and when I try to input an option it tells me I have no input file selected? Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry for sounding so terribly noobish, I'm not really used to programs without GUIs.

i know how to. When i get back to my main PC in a few hours. i will post the steps for doing so.

lovepopp
2010-04-18, 00:56
Thank you! Much appreciated.

duckweed2005
2010-04-20, 06:27
Thank you! Much appreciated.

sorry for being late for 2 days. i forgot about it -.-

so here it is

Setting up your files :
1) Place the rldev folder you extracted in a place where it is easily accessible, for example, "C:\" aka your C drive.
2) Next, open up a command prompt window (with administrator if you are using Vista or 7.
3) Tell the command prompt where your rldev folder is by typing "cd C:\rldev\bin"
4) Since the programs cannot find the library by default, you need to type in "set RLDEV=c:\rldev\"

WARNING : if you close the command prompt during any parts of the file conversion, you need to redo the steps again.

Picture : http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/mapledestinymem/Setup.jpg

Converting FROM ".g00" file :
As a sample, im going to use a .g00 graphic file from Clannad
5) Type "vaconv" into the command prompt and it should give a help list.
6) I'm going to use "PNG" as the format for editing the file (Probably with Photoshop) so i type this command in : "vaconv -f PNG C:\rldev\bin\BG001.g00"
where "vaconv" is the program to execute, "-f PNG" is the format to convert to and "C:\rldev\bin\BG001.g00" is file file you want to convert.
A file titled BG001.PNG will now appear

NOTE : there must be a space for every command
eg "vaconv<space>-f<space>PNG<space>C:\rldev\bin\BG001.g00"

Picture : http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/mapledestinymem/Usage.jpg

Converting BACK to ".g00" file :

just type the same command but replace the PNG with .g00 and the .g00 of the file extension with PNG

eg "vaconv -f G00 C:\rldev\bin\BG001.PNG"

WARNING : Delete the original BG001.G00 in the rldev folder as the program would not overwrite the original(someone clarify this thx)

lovepopp
2010-04-20, 11:25
Thank you so very much! It works perfectly! I appreciate your help!