PDA

View Full Version : Baldr Sky

Strato
2009-11-30, 16:39
I'm interested in translating Baldr Sky but I have no idea how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Unregistered
2009-11-30, 17:48
Baldr Sky already has a translation project.

masat01
2009-11-30, 17:50
I'm already translating it, but if you wanna help, I'll be glad to let you. Just send me an email or something. I could use the help over the next 2 weeks since I have exams galore.
www.thejot.wordpress.com
I'm hosting the project there. Haven't gotten much shit done cause of school, but after semester ends, it is on.

Moogy
2009-11-30, 17:50
Baldr Sky already has a translation project.
No, it doesn't. It has a trollslation project.

Sorry to ruin your fun Chikan :[

Also, don't pay attention to masat01, he doesn't know Japanese.

Sundae
2009-11-30, 17:53
No, that translator has a very shallow understanding of japanese, if you think you're in the game, please beat the crap outta him

(FYI, the anonym poster is his :P)

masat01
2009-11-30, 17:57
No, that translator has a very shallow understanding of japanese, if you think you're in the game, please beat the crap outta him

(FYI, the anonym poster is his :P)

Wait what?
No it isn't.

Don't listen to the others. They just hate me cause I'm a nuisance on IRC. I can get by pretty well with a dictionary.

Sundae
2009-11-30, 18:00
And that doesn't meant you have to scare away another potential translator, yes?

Anyway, Stratos, better search for the unpack/repack tools first. Or have someone make it.

zalas
2009-11-30, 22:50
I'm interested in translating Baldr Sky but I have no idea how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated.
The general outline would be:
1) Find a hacker/programmer who understands the game engine (NeXaS) or is interested in reverse engineering the game engine to create a toolchain for the game
2) Hacker/programmer dumps the scripts into human-readable format
3) Translator translates the Japanese into English
4) Script is proofread
5) Hacker/programmer inserts script into the game
6) Game is playtested
7) Script is finalized and hacker/programmer creates a patch for distribution

Sevodax
2009-12-01, 15:31
Aww...don`t be so mean, give him a chance! ^_^ (<-- he`s probably going to regret saying that ">_>)

VDZ
2009-12-04, 05:34
Masato, your pathetic excuse for a translation project was fun for a while, but please don't let it get in the way of a serious potential translation project.

I think Nagato has tools for Baldr Sky. You can probably find him on #tlwiki or #ammy at irc.rizon.net. He can extract the text from the game so you can translate it, and then his tools can re-insert the text into the game.

Scripts are generally put somewhere on the internet where all staff members can edit at the same time, such as a SVN or a wiki. The translator can translate scripts there and save them to the SVN/wiki, and then the editor(s) can clean it up a bit, and then the scripts can be inserted into the game and QCers will play the game and check if everything works fine.

Depending on the game, you might also need image editors, who edit images with Japanese text into images with English text, which can then be re-inserted into the game using the insertion tools.

If you decide to do it, good luck. There are many people waiting for a Baldr Sky translation project.

Metarail
2009-12-05, 01:27
Not trying to be negative, but still have to some questions for you:

- You do know that Baldr Sky in all is quite long story, so it wont be finished fast?
- Have you played trough it all and loved it enough to translate, so do you have enough motivation to go trough it all?

Mostly I'm asking this because I don't wan't to see the project dropped/stalled somewhere along the line. But if you have enough of motivation to do it, then do it, as Baldr Sky is one of the most wanted VN to get translation that currently doesn't have proper translation and don't drop halfway out. Personaly I would like to help, but my japanese isn't good enough and I don't really know anything about hacking, so I can't really do anything else than offer advices.
Generally you need hacker first, so that you can get the scripts out or insert them back in. And then there are other miscaleneous tasks. But generally I would suggest that asking help from other VN translator groups like Amaterasu (#Ammy), Tlwiki (#tlwiki), Yandere (#wankotl).

Strato
2009-12-05, 06:06
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/364/screeng.jpg

EchoMateria
2009-12-06, 19:28
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/364/screeng.jpg

And you posted this because...?

Metarail
2009-12-06, 21:18
And you posted this because...?

Probably because I asked if he had enough dedication to translate it all. It seems he loves it enough to me. Hopefully he'll start soon, with those completion stats I doubt he'll drop out halfway through.

BTW is there some easy way to take screen of all those stats or is that stitched image?

VDZ
2009-12-07, 05:14
BTW is there some easy way to take screen of all those stats or is that stitched image?
>770×5502
Looks like it was done manually.

Metarail
2009-12-13, 01:08
If you dont mind me asking, but will this be open or closed project? In a word will you putting up a page or something?

Pipa
2010-01-11, 12:02
So..it's been a while...will there be a translation project or not? Masat01 stopped even trolling about doing Baldr Sky, and Amaterasy most certainly won't do it (after Ixerc giving a 9.5 to muvluv). TakaJun at Yandere seemed to like phase 2, (he said before, that among other things, he doesn't want to pick up baldr sky, because, he doesn't know what dive 2 will be like, but it turned out now that he enjoyed it) but they have two projects right now...
Last but not least, there is Strato, who is...silent, even if he is doing anything. I'm not very experienced in VN dramas, but is it like this with each project? 4 "could be" translators and a big question mark about the status?

Unregistered
2010-01-12, 07:23
So..it's been a while...will there be a translation project or not? Masat01 stopped even trolling about doing Baldr Sky, and Amaterasy most certainly won't do it (after Ixerc giving a 9.5 to muvluv). TakaJun at Yandere seemed to like phase 2, (he said before, that among other things, he doesn't want to pick up baldr sky, because, he doesn't know what dive 2 will be like, but it turned out now that he enjoyed it) but they have two projects right now...
Last but not least, there is Strato, who is...silent, even if he is doing anything. I'm not very experienced in VN dramas, but is it like this with each project? 4 "could be" translators and a big question mark about the status?

I heard Strato got in touch with a hacker (the guy hacking Majikoi, since they're both on the same engine) and they're waiting on that. A site with updates on it would be nice, though.

appztetra
2010-01-25, 03:34
still waiting for progress...let's see if this is not a troooll....

Unregistered
2010-01-25, 04:24
Since when did he announce starting a translation project? Announcing and dropping is more troll methinks.

Unregistered
2010-09-18, 13:10
Its been a longtime since the hint of a translation project. Does anyone have any kind of progress info. A post from Strato would be nice but seeing the number of his posts here that seems unlikely. :(

masat01
2010-10-17, 08:00
It was clearly a troll. At the time, I had neither the motivation nor the skills to translate anything bigger than a page of manga. Now, maybe if it still isn't translated by mid-2011 when I get back from Japan, I'll seriously think about translating it. Until then though, we can all just hope and pray it gets picked up by someone who loves the fuck out of it.

You wa shocku,
masat01

Unregistered
2010-10-20, 16:58
I hope all the Muv Luv trolls gets their game C&D'd.

Unregistered
2011-01-09, 08:02
It was clearly a troll. At the time, I had neither the motivation nor the skills to translate anything bigger than a page of manga. Now, maybe if it still isn't translated by mid-2011 when I get back from Japan, I'll seriously think about translating it. Until then though, we can all just hope and pray it gets picked up by someone who loves the fuck out of it.

You wa shocku,
masat01

I though you were translating Aiyoku no Eustia what happened to that masato.

masat01
2011-01-09, 08:16
I though you were translating Aiyoku no Eustia what happened to that masato.

That's still happening methinks. I'd like to wait till I buy the game while in Japan so I can work on it while over there. If it doesn't happen, then you can hate me (though you probably already do). But it will get translated, that much I am positive about. For now however, I'm still working on transferring and getting my core classes done so translation is on the back burner (not that there was much in the first place).

svetlii7f
2011-01-10, 04:38
masat,
you're really unreliable (i've already read your bullshit in your blog).

Well, how about Strato's project..?
Straaaaatooooos, where are you (!),

we'll need you ..)
//at least, put the progress as it did before ..

appztetra
2011-01-11, 07:20
masat,
you're really unreliable (i've already read your bullshit in your blog).

Well, how about Strato's project..?
Straaaaatooooos, where are you (!),

we'll need you ..)
//at least, put the progress as it did before ..

leaving this thread will make you feel good....

Uunregistered
2011-01-11, 22:37
begin 666 <data>
M<C$P-B!\(%-T<F%T;R!\(#(P,3$M,#$M,#8@,#<Z-#@Z,C8@+3 X,# @*%1H
/=2P@,#8@2F%N(#(P,3$I

end

animedemon
2011-02-01, 11:54
im thinking of picking up this project if i can get some ppl to help

Unregistered
2011-02-11, 19:36
leaving this thread will make you feel good....
?

Zky
2011-03-10, 02:42
Strato seems extremely hard to get a hold of, and I am interested in translating this project...

Anyone know how to easily get a hold of him?

If I can't get a hold of him I may start translating this on my own if I find a promising editor.

fujifruit
2011-03-10, 02:52
Errr... You could try asking Izmo since he is the one who suggested you talk to Strato..

;_;