PDA

View Full Version : Haeleth contact.

Blackiris
2009-09-03, 09:25
As far as I know, Narcissu has 2 translations. Different script if you select voiced/unvoiced. One translation was made by insani. Second one by Haeleth.

And now: I (and few of my friends) am going to make polish translation of Narcissu. Or rather - I was going to.

Since insani didn't agree to re-translating their version I tried to translate F/sn - but:
1. It's long. really long.
2. kirikiri engine doesn't support polish characters. (it's playing around with font editing...)
3. I was in lack of translators.

So for now - I hope that Haeleth would be that kind and let me us his translation of Narcissu to make polish patch.

THE PROBLEM IS:
I have no idea how to contact with him to ask about it. Anyone can help me? E-mail or something?

Unregistered
2009-09-03, 10:01
He's MIA.......

dsp2003
2009-09-03, 10:24
Meh, don't try to contact them -- they're grew old, started to rant and make life hard for people who try to base on their work. Haeleth is kinda MIA, yeah. Simply ask original author's permission and translate from Japanese or... do it without permission, since your target language is not English anyway and this community will not evaluate your effort at all. ;)

Agilis
2009-09-03, 11:04
The last time I've managed to be in contact with Haeleth was around I think February.

If you have narci related questions, I'm handling the narci2 project and might be able to provide something or other. At the I least can forward messages to Kataoka if you're unable to do so yourself. I had to play go-between with the guys on the French narci team because they were having trouble using email to contact him.

Blackiris
2009-09-03, 11:54
Yup, I know he's MIA, but still he's original translator and having his permission would be better than translating without it.
Translating from Japanese? There's no chance for me doing this...

Translating from insani (now, when they told "NO") is kinda bad idea... and it's pity that there's no contact with Haeleth... I don't really like translation without permission.

Geez, with f/sn I didn;t have any problems - both mirror moon and Typemoon were rather happy that this game is going to be translated into other languages.

Ae772
2009-09-03, 12:24
>Typemoon were rather happy that this game is going to be translated into other languages.

Really now? You contacted Type-MOON?

Blackiris
2009-09-03, 12:35
Well... yes. Even though answer was in japanese (with added english/engrish translation of it ^^)

Agilis
2009-09-03, 13:09
Kataoka's stance on Narci1 and 2 translations are that so long as they are released with no intention to profit/commercialize, he's very willing to entertain translations into other languages.

If you want an english version of the script, you can use the version I put together for narci2. There'd be some style discussion we'd have to have before I let you just up and run with it though, mostly quirks to be aware of and such...

Though I don't recommend using just 1 script for doing a double translation.. having at least a second reference point is usually a big help.

zalas
2009-09-03, 15:23
Well... yes. Even though answer was in japanese (with added english/engrish translation of it ^^)
Uh... what?

Blackiris
2009-09-03, 20:43
Uh... what?

I mean that - Yes, I was able to contact with Typemoon and obtain their approval.

LoSs
2009-09-04, 05:14
Wait, what? Can you post a screenshot of letter please?

Blackiris
2009-09-04, 12:13
Well - here it goes: with censored mails (mine and this guy from Typemoon). And - that's right, I read it one more time now, and it's rather not Typemoon official, but rather one guy from Typemoon... but oh - whatever... project is rather dead so... here's ss:
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6494/21139316.jpg

appztetra
2009-09-04, 17:17
Well - here it goes: with censored mails (mine and this guy from Typemoon). And - that's right, I read it one more time now, and it's rather not Typemoon official, but rather one guy from Typemoon... but oh - whatever... project is rather dead so... here's ss:

Nice...:D i wonder where is Haeleth now....

zalas
2009-09-04, 21:52
I've written up a small post and a translation of the email:
http://novelnews.net/2009/09/05/dont-forget-poland/

Blackiris
2009-09-05, 00:46
Um... guys?
I guess I already mentioned that project of translating f/sn to polish is dead/canceled because lack of translators would make me doing whole job - and this probably would take me few years.

And... topic is Healeth contact, so...
Oh - nevermind...

zalas
2009-09-05, 09:06
Um... guys?
I guess I already mentioned that project of translating f/sn to polish is dead/canceled because lack of translators would make me doing whole job - and this probably would take me few years.

And... topic is Healeth contact, so...
Oh - nevermind...
Basically, it is really hard to reach Haeleth, but Agilis has offered to let you use his English translation of Narcissu (the entirety of Narcissu is included in Narcissu2) if you would talk to him about a few things.

Blackiris
2009-09-05, 09:21
Yup, I know - but I'm pondering if it's good idea to do so. I don't want to open next project and then drop it...