PDA

View Full Version : The Devil on G-String: Release Thread

GatoNegro
2009-06-01, 11:00
http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/G-Senjou/Releases/G-Senjou%20no%20Maou%20English%20%5bPreliminary%20Teaser%20Patch%5d.rar
So there you have it. Patch translates all dialogue from the first chapter of the game. There are some technical nuances that need to be addressed, but the above patch is fully functional. This is for people who can’t wait. Sometime within the next week, week and a half, we’ll re-release it with critical image edits, and with a new font. Enjoy~.

this is great, i played a little yesterday, and it seems good, i hope it gets fully translated!
so discuss

Asceai
2009-06-01, 15:26
oh my

i'm a bit scared to play it after what accany was saying about the translation, but jolly good stuff

GatoNegro
2009-06-01, 15:31
what sayed accany?
he's one of the TL checkers...

Asceai
2009-06-01, 15:37
i know that =P

Unregistered
2009-06-01, 16:37
I can't help but feel like this translation came out of the blue.

The group putting it out has opted for almost complete transparency. We don't know who is translating, if there is a group behind it, how we can check if it's still alive; it's like someone just quietly dumped it on us with no warning and no way of even knowing it's still being worked. The translator/group hasn't even issued a message besides something that basically says "here it is, have fun".

Now I don't think that a group has to update frequently or butter up the community with high expectations, but I just feel like they could have a little more courtesy. Even the current translation projects that haven't had progress in a long time, like the KGNE project or the many dead ones on TLWiki, at least have some kind of webpage or main person behind it. Or try taking a page from AstCd2 by having a stagnant webpage that is only updated upon completion of the project.

Please don't just leave us hanging like this.

Unregistered
2009-06-01, 17:09
Disregard that last post. Didn't realize this existed.

http://nekorelated.wordpress.com/

Unregistered
2009-06-01, 17:14
I can't help but feel like this translation came out of the blue.

The group putting it out has opted for almost complete transparency. We don't know who is translating, if there is a group behind it, how we can check if it's still alive; it's like someone just quietly dumped it on us with no warning and no way of even knowing it's still being worked. The translator/group hasn't even issued a message besides something that basically says "here it is, have fun".

Now I don't think that a group has to update frequently or butter up the community with high expectations, but I just feel like they could have a little more courtesy. Even the current translation projects that haven't had progress in a long time, like the KGNE project or the many dead ones on TLWiki, at least have some kind of webpage or main person behind it. Or try taking a page from AstCd2 by having a stagnant webpage that is only updated upon completion of the project.

Please don't just leave us hanging like this.

[STRIKEOUT]you can just don't play it first if you are worried you know... you can hope that a full version eventually comes out and then you can start.

courtesy is having a place on the internet where translators must post updates in order for 'fans' to feel like they are not left hanging? anyhow... you can google where the patch was dropped and try to post there since there would be more chances of the people from the translation group replying[/STRIEKOUT]

erm... google .... goooooooooooooooogle ... http://nekorelated.wordpress.com/
shame on you

Asceai
2009-06-01, 17:49
i really don't know about japanese->chinese->english

i mean, aren't japanese and chinese pretty different languages?

that said, at least the two editors know Japanese, which is better than the editing process for many translations!

Accany
2009-06-01, 21:11

that said, at least the two editors know Japanese, which is better than the editing process for many translations!

I think it turned out all right I guess. We aren't trying to win best translator records or anything like that anyway.

And asceai, you really should help me with tling asukimi. It's too effing long for just me....

owenc
2009-06-03, 06:58
Any idea if this thing works with the demo?

Unregistered
2009-06-05, 00:29

difference is mainly in grammar, the Japanese have an insane number of tiers for politeness/formality (in my opinion, atleast)

I can get by reading (some) Japanese manga, while only knowing Chinese (English<->Japanese + Chinese<->Japanese dictionaries at hand), so long as there's (much) more kanji than anything else.

In terms of translating, i'd have to say chinese<->japanese is much easier than english<->either Chinese or Japanese, by simple virture of a greater ability in retaining meaning when doing Chinese<->Japanese, and many statements sometimes only need <50% of the text edited in order for it to become grammatically correct Chinese.

Enerccio
2009-06-05, 04:32
Well aint Chinese grammar completelly different? (It's even different type, I mean Chinese is analytic; Japanese is agglutinating).

Unregistered
2009-06-05, 06:24
uh...didn't i say that?

"difference is mainly in grammar"

Enerccio
2009-06-05, 10:03
But that is huge difference, I mean, sure, you get meaning of words, because kanjis (except few different things which got shifted meaning or just differently simplified) but is that enough for translation? If I wrote you: I game to wonder can you make sentence out of it?
Just saying my few cents.

Ae772
2009-06-05, 11:41
This argument only means anything if you're assuming the Jap to Chinese translators are complete morons who don't understand Japanese grammar and decided to translate anyways.

Grammatically speaking, Japanese isn't anymore similar to English than it is to Chinese, so the implication that "since Japanese and Chinese are different, any project that comes as a result of this must be low quality" is complete baseless bullshit.

Besides as already mentioned, they have two editors experienced with Jap and J->E translations, they'd probably speak up if there was anything overly deviating from the original script.

meh
2009-06-05, 13:45
Both Japanese and Chinese are much simpler in terms of grammar compared to western languages like English. And rules are much more rigid. For example, there are only 2 tenses in Japanese, past and present... Imagine how much easier English class if that were the case?

Loss of information comes in more subtle forms. Like the inability to translate the more poetic passages or slangs. And instead turning them into "normal" passages. But as said, there are J->E checkers. And it's not as if these things don't happen with normal J->E translations if the translator's Japanese or English is not up to snuff.

Basically, it's not so much that the translation could be "wrong" due to J->C->E, but rather that it cannot fully bring out the details and nuances of the words.

Enerccio
2009-06-05, 14:54
I wasn't saying anything on translation quality, just speaking as linguistic in training.

Dunno, meh, I think there is reason why English is international language now, and it's not cause of America or McDonald. English is easy to learn (thanks to the fact that is analytic thus you don't need to remember any complex morphemes than regular free morphemes and very few grammatical ones.). You learn words and bit of grammar and there you go. If you compare that to my language (Slovak), which is fusional, then it's a lot easier. You have to learn ton of grammar before you can even speak, not like with english, where you just need some basics. The problem with English is, that it kinda hate context. It uses it only for small portion of language work. Almost everything need to be explicitly said or written. In that case Japanese is bit easier, because it uses context a lot (though that can be a flaw, not merit).

Technically speaking, Chinese would be good language to learn fast (and thus international) as well if it didn't have so many tones and Chinese characters.

meh
2009-06-05, 18:33
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I was just responding to the bolded part below, which I've quoted again for clarity. I don't see what it has to do with the popularity of English or its relationship with Slovak.

It seems you're questioning the ability of the translators themselves, rather than the language difficulty. They are a totally different subject matters.

But that is huge difference, I mean, sure, you get meaning of words, because kanjis (except few different things which got shifted meaning or just differently simplified) but is that enough for translation? If I wrote you: I game to wonder can you make sentence out of it?
Just saying my few cents.

Enerccio
2009-06-06, 02:49
Nah I was just clarifying his claims that Chinese can get 50% out of Japanese sentence, which I find absurd. But thats all.

Mazyrian
2009-06-06, 05:18
I wasn't saying anything on translation quality, just speaking as linguistic in training.

Dunno, meh, I think there is reason why English is international language now, and it's not cause of America or McDonald. English is easy to learn (thanks to the fact that is analytic thus you don't need to remember any complex morphemes than regular free morphemes and very few grammatical ones.). You learn words and bit of grammar and there you go. If you compare that to my language (Slovak), which is fusional, then it's a lot easier. You have to learn ton of grammar before you can even speak, not like with english, where you just need some basics. The problem with English is, that it kinda hate context. It uses it only for small portion of language work. Almost everything need to be explicitly said or written. In that case Japanese is bit easier, because it uses context a lot (though that can be a flaw, not merit).

Technically speaking, Chinese would be good language to learn fast (and thus international) as well if it didn't have so many tones and Chinese characters.

Engish may result simple to learn (for some people, at least, and even then it has its complications) but if it's the international language it's more because of political and economical factor; were not an anglophone country the first economy I doubt English would be a widespread.

Enerccio
2009-06-06, 05:35
Engish may result simple to learn (for some people, at least, and even then it has its complications) but if it's the international language it's more because of political and economical factor; were not an anglophone country the first economy I doubt English would be a widespread.
Sure, it has some effect, but even if China was as popular and international as American and GB, I really doubt that everyone would learn Chinese in elementary schools.

NTX
2009-06-06, 06:41
Sure, it has some effect, but even if China was as popular and international as American and GB, I really doubt that everyone would learn Chinese in elementary schools.

They force French on us here in Canada and not in the US because we've got one province to our east where everyone speaks it. I know it's not as 'hard' as Chinese but it's there because it's happening a lot somewhere else in the country. I wouldn't be surprised if Chinese was added to our curriculum if the number of Chinese speakers matched the number of English; they force French when less than 25% speak it.

zalas
2009-06-06, 06:58
Dunno, meh, I think there is reason why English is international language now, and it's not cause of America or McDonald. English is easy to learn (thanks to the fact that is analytic thus you don't need to remember any complex morphemes than regular free morphemes and very few grammatical ones.). You learn words and bit of grammar and there you go.
That may be a contributing factor, but don't forget about how expansive the British Empire became.

Accany
2009-06-07, 01:46
This thread is derailing pretty impressively.

Unregistered
2009-06-07, 23:48
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr360/sienasantolina/original-post-thread-direction.gif

HashiriyaR32
2009-06-08, 10:17
First time I've seen something like that. Simple, but effective.

Pirkaf
2009-06-08, 23:26
G-Senjou project moving on into Chapter 2.. ^_^

GatoNegro
2009-07-26, 19:46
Just finished Chapter 1! I'm liking the game, i hope it gets more epic, probably will start the second chapter after i finish Kira Kira(the temptation is big!)

GatoNegro
2009-07-27, 15:14
I need some help, i don't know how to enter Tsubaki Bad end, i want to get the bad end first!

Asceai
2009-07-27, 15:24
IIRC you just need to keep your Tsubaki points as low as possible and you'll just drift into it automatically.

IVXXX
2009-07-28, 05:38
Tsubaki

01. With Kanon...
02. Not really.
03. Make up a reasonable excuse.
04. I don't like this woman.

save - 1

05. She's asking me for help.
06. Get involved with Tsubaki and her family.
07. Expose Eiichi's lies.
08. Not bad.

save - 2

09. Invest in Tsubaki.
10. Devote myself to Tsubaki.

Tsubaki (BAD END)

load - 1

05. She's not asking me for help.
06. Let it be.
07. Too annoying.

X-Calibar
2009-09-10, 11:22
G-Senjou no Maou needs a new TLC. This is absolutely crucial. Progress is being significantly decreased because of the lack of a second one. If you are capable of providing this resource, please email me, or post on the Amaterasu forums.

Tetsurou
2009-09-10, 13:25
I'm sorry if this is not of interest to people here, but after seeing this my Haru fetish led me right here to get this posted.

Tora no Ana's next Hobby release (NSFW at all btw.) - Usami Haru doggy style (http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/hob/pagekit/0000/02/45/0000024513/index.html). There's a slightly more expensive (6,000 Yen) version that comes along with a *neat* Telecard featuring ALPHa art this figure is based upon as well as non-Telecard ver. / figure only...
I'm not into figure collecting at all (anymore), but *this* is a must-get. Sculptured by Kiyama Hisatake (http://yaplog.jp/ranasuke/) btw.

Edit: Ups, wrong G-Senjou thread, thought this was the one Asceai got started >_< *Gomen*

X-Calibar
2009-10-10, 09:27
G-Senjou no Maou is now officially stalled until either Ixrec comes back, or we get a new TLC. Anybody who is willing to do straight J->E translations are also welcomed. Currently, nothing is happening, so even just temporary committment would be invaluable.

DarkFusion
2010-01-31, 20:30
Since it seems the people working on the new translation on TLwiki are the same people working on the Sharin no Kuni fan disk, which of the two are we likelier to see first?

Unregistered
2010-01-31, 23:44
Since it seems the people working on the new translation on TLwiki are the same people working on the Sharin no Kuni fan disk, which of the two are we likelier to see first?

It's just one person. And the fan disk's translation is already finished, the editor just isn't doing anything. So, who knows.

AlphaSixNine
2010-01-31, 23:47
any news on this?
I really want to continue to Chapter 4 and 5 D:

DarkFusion
2010-02-07, 12:09
Any word on if the project is still alive?
Bear in mind I'm only asking out of simple curiosity since this game isn't that high on my to play list since after playing Tsubaki and Kanon's routes, I'd say the story for this game is just "meh" (nowhere near as awesome or interesting as Sharin no Kuni) though I do admit Haru's pretty funny) so it doesn't seem like it'll be that big a loss if it's dead.

Moogy
2010-02-07, 15:22
TNA has no yaruki so the TLC is very slow.

It is not stalled or dropped or anything though.

(If you haven't been following it, the project was moved to TLWiki and one of our translators tackled chapter 4. He's now waiting on TNA to go back through and TLC the chapters that were translated from Chinese before finishing up the game. And yes, the TLC is quite necessary; the JCE translation doesn't really do the game justice.)

AlphaSixNine
2010-02-09, 15:40
sorry for the noob question... but was it "TNA"?

MaccaSvenne
2010-02-09, 16:04
sorry for the noob question... but was it "TNA"?

He's referring to the current TLC for the project, The n00b avenger (http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=User:The_n00b_avenger), or so I assume.

Moogy
2010-02-09, 16:36
Yes, TNA = The n00b Avenger = the guy who translated Sharin no Kuni.

Unregistered
2010-06-07, 15:29
Is the Chapter 3 patch still anywhere to be found? 'Cause after playing Sharin no Kuni I fell in love with this writer and I'd like to get started on this game ASAP. I've been searching around, but none of the sites related to the translation have versions of the patch.

Moogy
2010-06-07, 18:00
It's discontinued for now because it was based on the non-TLCed version. TNA's working on chapter 4; I believe they were originally going to issue a new partial after chapter 4 was finished, but I don't know if they're still planning to follow through on that.

In any case, if Chikan can be prodded some more, we should have this thing finished within the next few months thanks to TNA and pondr's efforts.

appztetra
2010-06-30, 08:24
The devil wears G-string ~_~ and so I thought.

kimchi
2010-06-30, 09:30
The devil wears G-string ~_~ and so I thought.

hahaha! it suits well for the devil!

Moogy
2010-06-30, 15:01
Note that TNA's PC died so this is on hold until whenever.

kinunatzs
2010-07-17, 20:35
when are they gonna release tha chapter 4 patch?

appztetra
2010-07-18, 01:47
when are they gonna release tha chapter 4 patch?

Until that time comes.

kinunatzs
2010-07-22, 23:32
to loooooooooooooooooooong i waited for 1 year already for chapter 4 patch i want to play mizuha's route!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

fujifruit
2010-07-22, 23:56
to loooooooooooooooooooong i waited for 1 year already for chapter 4 patch i want to play mizuha's route!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

1 year..do you know how long fans of kannon waited for the patch?

>_____>

kinunatzs
2010-07-23, 00:25
yah i same as me when i waited for fate stay night patch

zalas
2010-07-23, 09:37
If you're tired of waiting, go do something productive like learning Japanese instead of complaining uselessly here... ;)

kinunatzs
2010-07-30, 23:41
damn i can't find a jap. teacher and i have no money for the fee grrrrrrrrr

fujifruit
2010-07-31, 07:07
You could always get a....job?

appztetra
2010-07-31, 07:44

welcome to the internet...

Belgaesh