PDA

View Full Version : Cross+Channel Translation

Minagi
2009-05-10, 14:57
Full translation released!

http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/index.php?page=downloads

The final translation for Cross Channel is now released. This version includes a brand new installer which should alert you of any problems during installation, as well as the full translation including edited CG. This installer should be a bit more failsafe compared to the previous methods. The install is NOT compatible with the teaser patches (the first two which translated only parts of week 1, before we had the website) because of the changes to cg.pd made during the old installation.

To install Cross Channel you must have access to an administrator account. This is because of two reasons. The first reason is because Cross Channel by default writes its configuration file to %WinDir%\cc.ini instead of the registry. The second reason being font installation. The installer will also alert you if the font installation failed for some reason or *might* ask you to reboot after installation. If it asks you to reboot, I recommend doing so but it's up to you. Not rebooting could cause the font to look weird.

The readme includes various common problems reported from previous patches. Please check there if you have a problem. If your problem isn't listed in the readme, report them to this (http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/forums/index.php?topic=21.0) thread and I will try to get to it as soon as possible.

Included with this patch are some goodies which get installed to your CC folder. These are the translation for Crossing (ending song) and a walkthrough for the game.

Everyone on the team worked hard to bring this translation to everyone and we hope you enjoy it.

NTX
2009-05-10, 15:27
Awsome. I was surprised G-Senjou got so few votes after everyone made such a big deal out of it. Looking forward to this tho.

GatoNegro
2009-05-10, 15:30
me too, i tought that Sharin or G-senjou would win...

Asceai
2009-05-10, 16:11
I think it's good to have Cross Channel translated first, though... I mean, god-tier eroges are god-tier eroges and it doesn't really matter which gets translated first anyway.

Chewy
2009-05-10, 18:57
Sharin got less votes than... GSS ?? I can't believe it ...

Unregistered
2009-05-10, 21:03
I want to believe that some MuvLuv fan forum invaded the poll, which in the poll's initial stages artificially inflated the votes for it. And when the votes were high enough for both MuvLuv and Cross Channel where a vote for any other game would be a waste, people just stopped voting for the others. Cross Channel was championed by many and deserved it's high vote count. As for MuvLuv, I am not so sure.

Snazzy
2009-05-10, 21:27
Apparently, /m/ was basically having threads to get more votes for Muv-Luv (despite the fact that its engine is hell to hack) and /jp/ fought back with Cross+Channel. I was quite disappointed that G-Senjou didn't get more votes.;_; Oh well, Romeo Tanaka is awesome.

Pirkaf
2009-05-10, 22:07
I want to believe that some MuvLuv fan forum invaded the poll, which in the poll's initial stages artificially inflated the votes for it. And when the votes were high enough for both MuvLuv and Cross Channel where a vote for any other game would be a waste, people just stopped voting for the others. Cross Channel was championed by many and deserved it's high vote count. As for MuvLuv, I am not so sure.

Exactly. At least I voted for Cross Channel instead of G-senjou for that reason.

Apples
2009-05-11, 09:42
Well, I for one am happy Cross-Channel won. G-Senjou is relatively new; I've been aching for a translation of Cross-Channel for so very very long...

LoSs
2009-05-12, 03:33
I don't really get why people whine about possible Muv-Luv translation project, it isn't worse than Cross Channel at all they are just different. It's kinda unpleasant to read such a posts written by people who haven't even played it.

Unregistered
2009-05-12, 05:59
I don't really get why people whine about possible Muv-Luv translation project
Because of the hacking thing. I don't know about now, but at least back when the poll was running there really wasn't any reason at all to believe that anything would come out of it.

NTX
2009-05-12, 06:01
They're probably like me in that it's not necessarily that they don't want Muv Luv, they just want to try cross channel and a few others first. I've been waiting for CC for a long time (ever since that guy, uh, "translated" a large portion of it but never released any) yet I haven't been entertaining the prospect of a Muv Luv project at all, so it's only natural that I'd want it first.

Besides, which we think is 'better' or 'worse' and which we like more is just our personal opinion, you can't really try to logic us into thinking otherwise.

LoSs
2009-05-12, 06:58
Because of the hacking thing. I don't know about now, but at least back when the poll was running there really wasn't any reason at all to believe that anything would come out of it.

What hacking thing? Stop beliving everything you've read on internet, rUGP is being hacked atm, even Ixrec noted it at the poll thread.

They're probably like me in that it's not necessarily that they don't want Muv Luv, they just want to try cross channel and a few others first. I've been waiting for CC for a long time (ever since that guy, uh, "translated" a large portion of it but never released any) yet I haven't been entertaining the prospect of a Muv Luv project at all, so it's only natural that I'd want it first.

Besides, which we think is 'better' or 'worse' and which we like more is just our personal opinion, you can't really try to logic us into thinking otherwise.

You are free to think and like what you want, I just don't want to see posts like "Muv-Luv is shit for mech idiots, we want Cross Channel(g-senjou, sharin no kuni - insert one) instead" from people who haven't even played any of this games.

Unregistered
2009-05-12, 07:07
rUGP is being hacked atm, even Ixrec noted it at the poll thread.
Well, sure. But since nobody has succeeded in it before (despite ML being a very famous title), and during most of the poll we had no idea Ixrec had a team doing hacking for him, are you really saying that the hacking paranoia was completely unreasonable?

Unregistered
2009-05-12, 07:41
What hacking thing? Stop beliving everything you've read on internet, rUGP is being hacked atm, even Ixrec noted it at the poll thread.

You are free to think and like what you want, I just don't want to see posts like "Muv-Luv is shit for mech idiots, we want Cross Channel(g-senjou, sharin no kuni - insert one) instead" from people who haven't even played any of this games.

Personally, I don't care if Muv-Luv is for mech idiots or for different kind of idiots. I'm much more interested in G-Senjou and Sharin no Kuni regardless of what Muv-Luv is and who is it for (and if it's hackable or not for that matter), that's all.

The efforts translation of something so huge as Muv-Luv would take IMO would be better spent on translating 2 or even 3 smaller VNs.

NTX
2009-05-12, 09:24

No one here said that. I've been reading "I want CC more". Like hell they wouldn't play Muv Luv if it came out later. You're overreacting to something.

LoSs
2009-05-12, 09:54
No one here said that. I've been reading "I want CC more". Like hell they wouldn't play Muv Luv if it came out later. You're overreacting to something.

Maybe I do, but I got an impression that it would turn into classical 4chan-style trolling.

Well, sure. But since nobody has succeeded in it before (despite ML being a very famous title), and during most of the poll we had no idea Ixrec had a team doing hacking for him, are you really saying that the hacking paranoia was completely unreasonable?

No one is doing hacking for Ixrec, I'm trying to make phiber or ViruX finish the hacking for Total Eclipse which I had already translated (in text form).

The efforts translation of something so huge as Muv-Luv would take IMO would be better spent on translating 2 or even 3 smaller VNs.

Muv-Luv as itself isn't that huge(at least Extra), but as full series it can be compared to War and Peace. The other deal is that Muv-Luv is better that those "2 or even 3 smaller VNs".

Unregistered
2009-05-12, 12:53
Muv-Luv is better that those "2 or even 3 smaller VNs".
Somehow I get the impression that you're trying to persuade everybody who happen to have different tastes/genre preferences (or for God knows what reasons just don't want to see the damn game translated as badly as you do) into believing that you know better what's best for them because you played Muv-Luv and they didn't.

Asceai
2009-05-12, 13:56
Well, Muv-Luv isn't exactly 'high concept' - people who haven't played the game don't really know what it's about. There's only so much that reading about it can do.

I, _personally_, think Muv-Luv to be rather overrated, but so what? Other people think that about Suigetsu. Different strokes for different folks.

I think the point was more that Muv-Luv mostly got a storm of votes because it's somewhat mecha-orientated - which, to me, seems to be a totally ridiculous reason to support a VN you otherwise know nothing about, considering there's a lot more to the Muv-Luv series than mecha.

NTX
2009-05-12, 15:01
Somehow I get the impression that you're trying to persuade everybody who happen to have different tastes/genre preferences (or for God knows what reasons just don't want to see the damn game translated as badly as you do) into believing that you know better what's best for them because you played Muv-Luv and they didn't.

He's saying 'don't knock it till you try it'. He hasn't really talked-down or insulted any other games nor has he really sang any praises for for ML. It appears he just got too defensive against the wrong forum. I don't know what classical 4chan trolling entails but I think someone's trying to fan a very small flame here.

yuki_tsumotteru
2009-05-13, 17:24
Does that teaser patch work with the CC demo from FlyingShine's website? I'm at work and can't check until later on today, but has anyone tried?

Minagi
2009-05-13, 21:25
Does that teaser patch work with the CC demo from FlyingShine's website? I'm at work and can't check until later on today, but has anyone tried?
Good question. I wasn't even aware there was a trial. Assuming the archives and the filenames are the same, I don't see why not. I'll give it a shot.

Edit: The trial download doesn't work. Have a mirror or something?

yuki_tsumotteru
2009-05-14, 05:36
Damn, you're right ;_; I wish I could help - I downloaded it waaaaay back when, IIRC around the time of the original release; that was several computers ago, and also back when my Japanese literacy was basically zip.

It's a shame, too, because that demo was pretty extensive from what I remember of clicking through it ;______;

Anyone have the .exe and want to hook us up here?

Minagi
2009-05-16, 13:36
New teaser! This includes the scripts up until the first choice.

http://imgur.com/8o25v.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?ztgmojjzw3o
http://rapidshare.com/files/233792371/cc-teaser.exe

First post also updated.

zalas
2009-05-16, 20:40
I thought the main character's name was Kurosu Taichi... Is this screenshot part of some scene that makes fun of his name or something?

Asceai
2009-05-16, 20:49
I figured it would have been fixed by now, considering everyone and their dog seemed to be talking about it. Weird.

Minagi
2009-05-16, 20:56
I figured it would have been fixed by now, considering everyone and their dog seemed to be talking about it. Weird.
People were talking about it?

But anyway, Moogy pointed it out to me earlier so I told Ixrec and he said it'd be changed.

GatoNegro
2009-05-16, 21:20
Well in 4chan and in another forum that i check there's some discussion thread, dunno about other sites...

Minagi
2009-06-08, 22:05
Quoting from Ixrec's latest post (http://ixrec.11.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=67).
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8600/c1c.th.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c1c.jpg)

Fanart by Raide to commemorate the occassion. If you don't get it, go play Nanaca Crash again.

Unfortunately, I don't have a whole lot left to say at this point. There is no doubt I will finish this translation, as it is one of the most fulfilling and entertaining things I have ever tried, much less appear to be succeeding at.

As soon as the image editors send us their work (we can't seem to find either one at the moment) and the script editors are satisfied our work is so flawless it sparkles, there will be an official patch. I cannot say how long this will take, but it will be soon. And rest assured, I'll be working on week 2 while that's being done.

The one thing I know I want to say is that I'm incredibly thankful for everyone who's been helping on the project. In no particular order:

Nagato, Neko, pondrthis, Raide, Sheeta, Spin, 3Pies, DarkXGenesis, shikiller, VDZ

These guys are awesome, and I hope they can be long-run Amaterasu staff members, well into our next project, and the one after that, and past that into the boundless future.

Minagi
2009-06-11, 14:41
Yep, we are finally satisfied that our scripts are borderline perfect and ready for mass enjoyment.

Download the official week one patch from our new main site:
http://amaterasu.oxyhost.com/index.php?page=downloads

From now on that's where we'll have dl links and quick progress reports, so you don't have to sift through these forum posts for news if you don't feel like it.

Now, read, and enjoy the brilliance of Tanaka Romeo, now at long last (partially) in English.
Week 1 is officially released!

Announcement thread: http://ixrec.11.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=71
Bug report thread: http://ixrec.11.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=70

Minagi
2009-06-22, 10:46
The patch is released. Enjoy week two: "Breakdown/Purification". As before, download link is on the main site:

You should be able to run this on a week one patched copy, or a perfectly clean copy, without any problems other than those listed in the readme. If for some reason you still have a teaser patched copy, you should get rid of that.

To answer some questions I've seen about the week: it remains mostly the "slice of life" stuff seen in week one, but this time within the context of a subtle and undeniable, albeit presently incomprehensible plot. Both Misato and Touko routes are available in this week.

Week 2 released!

GatoNegro
2009-06-22, 10:53
just replied in the of forum, but i hope this time the game gets darker or serious ^^

koji_leo
2009-06-22, 20:33
I can't believe it
so fast
brb after DL this stuff

Minagi
2009-07-19, 07:46
Week 3 is available now. Miki's route (the rest of the CCC set) is estimated to be within the next 2 weeks or so. Then Youko, which I don't know how long that'll take.

Week 3 of Cross Channel has been released! This patch translates routes for Misato, Touko, and Kiri.

Warning: Do not go into the week 4 loop or you will hit untranslated scripts. Weeks 3 and 4 share the same script set and only the ones available on your first play of week 3 are translated.

As always, you can find the download here (http://amaterasu.oxyhost.com/index.php?page=downloads).

GatoNegro
2009-07-19, 18:24
just finished 2 week, it was great, but Taichi is begging to annoy me!
anyway started the 3 week and OMG i didn't see that coming!

SPOILER
Taichii begin raised like a girl[?] and Youko reverse raping him LOL, or can that be called reverse-rape???

Pirkaf
2009-07-20, 01:11
"This patch translates routes for Misato, Touko, and Kiri."

Does it mean that these three routes are now complete or that only these are being translated?

Moogy
2009-07-20, 04:32
The former.

The entire game is being translated.

GatoNegro
2009-07-26, 19:44
I'm waiting for the next patch! wich should be released in less than a week.

Unregistered
2009-07-28, 11:23
Week 4 is now out
and they're looking for a logo
http://amaterasu.oxyhost.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.0

Unregistered
2009-07-31, 12:58
can someone give me some walkthrough?

Minagi
2009-07-31, 13:23
A walkthrough is included at install, check your CC folder.

Minagi
2009-08-04, 18:42
Week 5 has been released. We've also changed hosts (again) because Oxyhost proved to be very unstable. I'll be redirecting the Oxyhost website to the new website. The new URL is http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/. I was able to transfer everything so the forums are still intact.

Cross Channel week 5 was released late last night but the announcement was delayed due to server problems.

Amaterasu Translations is now hosted thanks to dovac and shares the same server as such websites as tsukuru and novelnews. This should be the last time we change servers.

Minagi
2009-08-26, 14:26
The full translation of Cross Channel has been released. It is not compatible with the teaser patches (the ones before week 1 was released) so you must reinstall CC, or copy the cg.pd file from the system disk, in order for the patch to work fully.

http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/index.php?page=downloads

The final translation for Cross Channel is now released. This version includes a brand new installer which should alert you of any problems during installation, as well as the full translation including edited CG. This installer should be a bit more failsafe compared to the previous methods. The install is NOT compatible with the teaser patches (the first two which translated only parts of week 1, before we had the website) because of the changes to cg.pd made during the old installation.

To install Cross Channel you must have access to an administrator account. This is because of two reasons. The first reason is because Cross Channel by default writes its configuration file to %WinDir%\cc.ini instead of the registry. The second reason being font installation. The installer will also alert you if the font installation failed for some reason or *might* ask you to reboot after installation. If it asks you to reboot, I recommend doing so but it's up to you. Not rebooting could cause the font to look weird.

The readme includes various common problems reported from previous patches. Please check there if you have a problem. If your problem isn't listed in the readme, report them to this (http://amaterasu.is.moelicious.be/forums/index.php?topic=21.0) thread and I will try to get to it as soon as possible.

Included with this patch are some goodies which get installed to your CC folder. These are the translation for Crossing (ending song) and a walkthrough for the game.

Everyone on the team worked hard to bring this translation to everyone and we hope you enjoy it.

byndhrzn
2009-08-27, 02:42
Congrats, great job! :)

NTX
2009-08-27, 03:43
Yeeaah :D Now if I could only find some free time :(

appztetra
2009-08-27, 03:53
He's not saying it like that....He's just defensive on the vn

Mazyrian
2009-08-27, 11:49
Awesome work, probably I'll get to play this soon.
Any non-spoiler tips I should be aware of before playing (recommended route order, etc)?

Balcerzak
2009-08-27, 11:55
There's a lot of copypasta, but don't be fooled. Sometimes new info is thrown in as well. I remember in week two after hitting a big block of copypasta I re-enabled the "skip unread text" option, and let it have at it assuming it would hit a choice and stop when something new was happening, only to be surprised by a strange and baffling CG showing up.

Also, there are no "routes" per se, so aim to score with any girl that it seems possible to capture at any given time. This will cut down on the amount of copypasta you'll need to wade through.

Asceai
2009-08-27, 13:21
There's a full walkthrough on foolmaker that minimises rereading.

Mazyrian
2009-08-27, 13:42
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

Moogy
2009-08-27, 18:47
Just finished it.

C+C is a wonderful game. I hope everyone will give it a try.

Unregistered
2009-08-29, 11:05
C+C is a wonderful game. I hope everyone will give it a try.

It seems to be out of print. Unless Palet gets a used copy, it doesn't look like it's going to happen for me.

X-Calibar
2009-08-29, 14:23
It seems to be out of print. Unless Palet gets a used copy, it doesn't look like it's going to happen for me.

You can still get it from erogeshop although it's expensive...
http://www.erogeshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/1002617

koji_leo
2009-08-30, 06:28
yeah, me too
just finished CC
typical heavy stories about humans' emotions

Unregistered
2009-08-31, 10:52
Anybody got this working under wine on linux? I managed to install it without problems but after running all I get is music and black screen.

Unregistered
2009-08-31, 11:40
Answering my own question. Apparently there is a regression in wine that's causing it to not refresh. Somebody said Wine 1.1.26 works.

Charuru
2009-09-26, 10:03
I have some text spacing issues:
http://i38.tinypic.com/24mb1qt.jpg
Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Minagi
2009-09-26, 10:07
Read the readme.

Charuru
2009-09-26, 10:21
Ahh the readme. :)