PDA

View Full Version : Alice Soft Translation Tool

toolbox
2008-06-17, 10:49
Hi, gemot-cubes :)
After lots of pulling my hair out, I managed to figure out how to decompile, edit, and rebuild Alicesoft games for System3. I created a tool that enables one to extract the text messages from the games, edit it in a word processing program (even Notepad works) and insert it back into the game.

I call my program the Alice Soft Translation Tool (ASTT) and have included some screenshots of the results below. The last one is of the extracted script being edited in a freeware word processor.

I guess there are two questions I have. Is there any particular reason for the lack of AS translation interest, especially since a lot of their games are now free? ( http://retropc.net/alice/ )
Would anyone possibly be interested in working on a translation of one of the smaller games or know anyone who might be? Any technical barriers should be removed, and I'd be more than happy to work on any that might pop up.

If anyone is interested in how to do Alicesoft translation, I would be very happy to send them links to the existing Japanese tools and ASTT that makes it easy (technically anyway) :) It was a frustrating journey learning how to do all this, but I can explain how to do it very easily step by step. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Thank you!

Edit: Added updated ASTT again, now includes game-specific doc and a progress checking tool :) Look later in this thread for v.0.3 of ASTT.

Agilis
2008-06-17, 11:21
Spiffy, though I imagine this thread will be moved to the tech forum soon.

As usual, the number of interesting projects far exceeds the number of actual translators available. However, with tools already created, the chances that someone who was somewhat interested, but too intimidated by the technical aspects might rise to the occasion now.

-----
Also, as I'm not an engine hacker, I've been unable to write anything about the topic for my own translation project articles. If you'd like to share your experiences, could I ask you to either write up some documents that I can edit and post onto Neechin (with credit to you of course) to start some small documentation for this sort of work, or put up your experiences somewhere so I could link to them?

In my perception the documentation for this sort of thing is pretty thin. I have a vague memory that gp32 has a few pieces up, and there's probably a bit in other places I don't know about, so I'd like to encourage more sharing in places people can find it.

Enerccio
2008-06-17, 12:07
any chances that it will work for alicesoft 4 (sengoku)

toolbox
2008-06-17, 13:30
Thank you for the encouragement :)

The editing tools only work for System3.x, so games that run System4 like Sengoku Rance will not work. I don't know what utilities there are for System4, so it might be possible in the future. I focused all of my work on System3 since most of the games released as freeware runs on it.

I will start writing everything up tonight :)

EchoMateria
2008-06-17, 14:28
If you can tell which Alice Soft games are for System3, or which games that you have successfully tested your tools for, people interested on those games might show up.

Checking AliceSoftWiki (http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Games) reveals that the list of their games is a bit long, knowing which games from this list are going to be easily editable would help.

Asceai
2008-06-17, 16:07
Currently, I think the only two engines that are, at this stage, easily/without thought hacked are nscripter and kirikiri/kag titles (providing you can get around the latter's various encryption methods whenever they exist).

After that, I suppose a close second would be reallive titles, which tend to still require a bit of effort even if all the existing reallive tools work.

Being able to get alicesoft's titles onto this list is a Very Good Thing, especially since they have so many titles. =p

roxfan
2008-06-17, 18:18
Comic Maker and Yuuki Novel are also pretty easy to hack.
Maybe we just need zalas to make a public page for VASTT...

Asceai
2008-06-17, 21:00
I wonder if Hyper Novel System is easy to work with. Script extraction and replacement certainly seems to be the easiest thing ever, the only problems I'd imagine could ever appear would be to do with getting halfwidth to work.

Might go try it out now.

Asceai
2008-06-17, 21:26
Heh, that was easy. Problems are the exact problems you'd expect, for the most part.
http://www.asceai.net/du/u/moonlightblue.png

- Wrong character spacing. Probably can be fixed in the executable. Haven't really looked.
- Some characters used, like the period/full stop are used in the engine for other things. Those ideographic full stops the Japanese use (the 。) look okay, and could be used instead if anyone cared.
- Wordwrapping of course doesn't exist, but with fixedwidth that's easy enough to do on the script insertion level automatically.

toolbox
2008-06-17, 22:02
I have written up a little guide and put the tools in the attachment. Use at your own risk (just saying this because it's standard :p ) and distribute as you like. The ASTT is source code so you can mush it and smoosh it however you want.

I just want people to translate the games, dammit! :D

Let me know if there are any problems/questions/issues/etc, please!

I am more than willing to provide any technical support I can if someone is willing to try a translation :)

Agilis
2008-06-18, 11:03
Spiffy, I'll take those files and have a look tonight. Depending on how much needs to be done, it'd be up in a few days. Probably. I have to leave town for a day or two starting tomorrow so it'd be longer than I'd like in either case.

toolbox
2008-06-19, 17:56
I discovered a little bug with apostrophes in the insertion script, but it is nothing that will ruin translation work anyone does. I will stamp the bug out and post an updated insertion tool soon :-)

toolbox
2008-06-21, 15:59
I fixed the bugs in the insertion script mentioned above. (posted attachment to the first post)

Is there anyone possibly interested or who has any leads? If any of the games require more technical work, I'm glad to support!

(Also, I feel bad spamming this board every time - is there somewhere more appropriate, perhaps?)

Afker
2008-06-26, 22:52
Greetings all, skippy22/toolbox referred me here about System 3.x translation stuff.

I would be very much interested in helping out. However, due to time constraints (I have a job that takes up about 12 hours on the weekdays), the best way I can help is probably proof-reading or help giving advice on the translations of specific phrases that the main translators are having trouble with.

Toushin Toshi 2 would be a great project to work on, especially since Alice Soft is has announced TT3 as their next game! (ideally I'd also like to help out with translation of TT, but that game is only for system 3 and not system 3.x).

Let me know where/how I may be of service!

-Afker, fanatical AliceSoft fan

ps. The main engine families are:
* System 3
* System 3.x (refers to 3.5~3.9)
* System 4.x (refers to 4.0 onwards)

edit: looks like I'm mistaken. Toshin Toshi does have a system 3.x version. Great!

AstCd2
2008-06-27, 01:10
D:

Why the necromancy, Alicesoft? Where is Rance VIII?!

toolbox
2008-06-27, 10:06
Yay, afker's not afk anymore! ;)

I've already started a TT 1 translation and it works fine on 3.x (3.9 specifically since that's what they released the SDK for). It has about 4100 message blocks, though many are small, like enemy names, yes/no menus, etc. So far it is 11% translated :)

Your editing/checking help would be most appreciated! I can get most of the stuff to a passable level, but for the harder messages I will send point them out and send them along. :-D

If all goes well on TT1, it would be fun to do TT2, but one thing at a time, huh? I'm sure TT2 has much more to translate.

Btw, if anyone else is interested in helping translate, please let us know!

Afker
2008-06-28, 14:23
Yay, afker's not afk anymore! ;)

I've already started a TT 1 translation and it works fine on 3.x (3.9 specifically since that's what they released the SDK for). It has about 4100 message blocks, though many are small, like enemy names, yes/no menus, etc. So far it is 11% translated :)

Your editing/checking help would be most appreciated! I can get most of the stuff to a passable level, but for the harder messages I will send point them out and send them along. :-D

If all goes well on TT1, it would be fun to do TT2, but one thing at a time, huh? I'm sure TT2 has much more to translate.

Btw, if anyone else is interested in helping translate, please let us know!

BTW, whiel you are translating, if you can also add some documentation for the game on the wiki, that'd be great! The wiki is very lacking on articles for common enemies. It'd be nice to have a base set of standard name translations for some of them and their common attributes (-:

Yucie
2008-10-05, 23:51
Hello all,

Sorry for my poor English.
Since Chinese Programmer (Crass Programmer & Gameviewer Programmer) made packing tools for system 4.0 for the translator.
Anyone who want to translate Alicesoft game can use it.

The attached picture is test by that program
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/princessmaker/ChineseGameTranslate/alice2.jpg

Unregistered
2008-10-06, 17:30
Yes, I know of that tool. The script dumping portion of the tool only works with version 1.3 of the game since it looks like the tool is a quick hack and it checks for hard-coded values defined in the program. You can get it to work with 1.4 but there are a lot of caveats that make it more trouble than it's worth. Other parts of the tool work such as .ain encryption and decryption and archive packing.

Well enough of that, images speak louder than words:
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6930/43337541gw5.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43337541gw5.jpg)http://img374.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6158/alcg0000hd2.th.jpg (http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alcg0000hd2.jpg)http://img391.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Unregistered
2008-10-06, 17:33
Oh yeah, images above do not imply that a translation of the game in in the works. It's just proof of concept.

Firestorm717
2008-11-22, 18:29
What sort of compression do the .SCO files use? They all have the byte tag S380 in the beginning. Reason I ask is because the Discompiler keeps crashing when I try to process the .ALD file for a particular game I am looking to translate (Ore no Shita de Agake).

toolbox
2008-11-23, 18:59
Where is this game? I'm not seeing it on the Alicesoft Archives.
I remember seeing .SCO files before when playing around with AmbivalenZ. They look fairly straightforward as far as text, but I didn't put much time into getting anywhere with them. It *seemed* like you might be able to just modify the text in-place, though. Can you extract the .SCO files from the .ALD without decompiling them? That might be what you need. Just unlink them from the .ALD.

Firestorm717
2008-11-23, 19:20
Right, I can get the .SCO files from the .ALD, however, I don't know how to convert them to .ADV for editing. (I'm wondering, why the script is stored in both System39.ain and *SA.ALD anyway). Comparing Test_01.adv and Test_01.sco from the Sys39SDK, it looks like they are of different file size, so I'm guessing there's some kind of compression. When I use the System 3.9 decompiler by Hasegawa, it gets the HEL files fine, but then runs into an infinite loop with the same repeated byte string:

call error pre = 0
;ERR F A:000f0a-S:05ea : 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 :................................

;ERR D A:000f0a-S:05ea : 82 4f 00 82 50 00 82 51 00 82 52 00 82 53 00 82 54 00 82 55 00 82 56 00 82 57 00 82 58 00 00 00 :0.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9...

...Tried scanning through the source code, but didn't get very far, since it's somewhat of a mess...are there any other references out there for handling ADV <--> SCO conversion?

Ore no Shita de Agake is actually from Alice Soft's branch company, Alice Blue (which is now defunct), but they use the same game engine. I've attached the .ALD file and a couple of .SCO files. Thanks for looking into this.

toolbox
2008-11-23, 23:19
Will look into your problem, but in the meantime, I should post the new release.
I believe there is a 3.9 decompiler out there... (DC39100) on a web search might yield something. I could never get it to work, but maybe that was just because I was trying older games?

Edit:
I tried it on the 3.9 decompiler but it said it couldn't open the .ald file. Weird. Now that I think about it, SCO files are basically compiled files, not just a different format. So editing the .SCO files directly won't do you much good due to pointers and all that good stuff. I was getting them confused with another Alicesoft file format used for System3 whose name I can't recall right now.
Anyway, since the DCs come with source (I think) you could dig into them there and see what the problem is... but ugh :p
I'll keep thinking, but I don't know of any SCO --> ADV converter.

Firestorm717
2008-11-24, 10:37
I tried it on the 3.9 decompiler and the 3.6 decompiler, but both give me an infinite loop. It should open the .ald file, though. They're compiled files? You mean that it only holds pointers to the lines in System39.ain? Hm...in that case, it makes a lot more sense...can you tell me any more about the specific structure of the .ald file?

Unregistered
2008-11-24, 13:26
The earlier screens were from Sengoku Rance 7, a game that would be great to see translated. If someone can post the script file for Rance 7, I read some Japanese so I will have a go.

Also, I thought Sengoku Rance was written for System 4.0, yet the post is discussing system 3.9... I guess the scripting system is unchanged.

toolbox
2008-11-24, 17:06
I think there's been a bit of confusion here.

First the Sengoku Rance thing:
Sengoku Rance is for System4, and that was brought up by someone because Yucie posted extraction tools for Alicesoft System4. System4 is a completely different engine than System3.x. Very very different. No backwards compatibility I'm pretty sure. So if someone wants to work with Sengoku Rance, they would need to use Yucie's tools earlier in the thread.

What Firestorm717 is talking about is a game that seems to use System3.9. What seems to be different between System3.9 and earlier 3.x versions like 3.5 and 3.6 is that they can apparently use a .AIN file for some stuff. I'm not entirely sure how .AIN files work, but everything I've been doing with System3.x games has not used them. Therefore I am at a loss as to how to handle that. I do know there are some AIN tools out there though somewhere, but they might have been for System4 AIN files. The pointer issue I was talking about in System3.x SCO files is that shrinking or expanding text in the SCO files will change the memory location of the SCO's contents. This poses a problem when the ALD or even SCO wants to look up memory locations.
The bottom line is that (as far as I know) in order to modify System3.x game text, you need the decompiled source. However, the System3.9 AIN file might let you get around that. Maybe. Somehow. :p

I hope that helps to clear some stuff up :)

Toaster
2008-11-24, 17:49
Thanks for the reply. I have been checking out the translation community a bit.. hope I am not taking this thread off track.. anyway.

The link to the main tool for System 4 games is:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=crass
use this link to find the current version number and then google up the zip file with the source etc - you can probably do better if you read Chinese.
--> Google will lead you to here - http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=469955974

There is a good summary of ripping tools here:
http://bbs.2dgal.com/read.php?tid=51101

and an amazing well organized translation community here:
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

>> Anyway I have the crass_0.4.10 tool but am not having lots of luck figuring it out. It would be welcome if anyone can post a clear explanation of how to use it (preferably on Sengoku Rance 7). (i am aware that the tool comes with some documentation... not having a lot of luck with it.)

Firestorm717
2008-11-24, 23:30
Okay, comparing the .ain and .sco files with the .adv files, I'm starting to understand. All the script lines are kept in the .ain files, whereas the system functions are in the .sco files...in order to get the .adv file, you need to put them together. However, it's not just a simple hex addressing. I see a pattern of gradually incrementing byte strings in the .sco file, for example, 412F7C04 -> 412F7C05 -> 522F7C06, etc. Like you said, probably pointer addresses. But I'm still not quite clear of their exact nature because they're not simple offset values in the .ain file. (By the way, I'm not looking at the files I sent you, I'm looking at the Test_01.adv, Test_01.sco and decrypted System39.ain - wrote a quick program for it, since it's a simple left circular rotate - from the Sys39SDK). Unfortunately, my experience with assembly code is rather poor, so someone else is going to have to open up the .exe for a peek in OllyDbg.

toolbox
2008-11-25, 00:21
If the script's in the AIN, can you just edit the text in there directly?

Firestorm717
2008-11-25, 01:24
Nope, like you said, it doesn't work because the information about the memory location is not updated in the .sco files, so the game won't start. Even if I do a byte-by-byte replacement, it doesn't work.

Out of curiosity, how is the information stored in the old versions of the engine? The one of this game is System3.9 ver 5.43

Toaster
2008-11-25, 13:27
Is it possible to load the decrypted game files into the AliceSoft SDK as a new project?
________
marijuana pictures (http://trichomes.org)

Toaster
2008-11-25, 16:12
Nope, like you said, it doesn't work because the information about the memory location is not updated in the .sco files, so the game won't start. Even if I do a byte-by-byte replacement, it doesn't work.

If you are doing byte by byte replacement and still running into trouble then you are probably either a) overwriting a special characters in the beginning/end of the string or b) accidentally replacing double byte characters with an equal number of single byte characters (resulting in fewer bytes overall.)
________
make a vaporizer (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info/)

Firestorm717
2008-11-25, 18:08
Ah, there we go. Yeah, I overwrote something I shouldn't have using the Find and Replace all feature...well, next step is to figure out how to get things to work with variable length strings. And for that, I actually need to understand the structure of the .sco files.

I couldn't get it to work with the SDK because the SDK requires you have the .adv files, which are a combination of the .sco files and the referenced lines in System39.ain...unfortunately, I don't understand how the lines are referenced, since it's not a simple offset value, so I can't write a proggie to put the two together x_X. Maybe I'll just work on the .ald packer for the images instead.

Toaster
2008-11-25, 22:14
Too bad the game editor doesn't handle these formats. Maybe there is some documentation on these files on one of the AliceSoft fan forums. I don't think we need that much information to edit the text files - just enough to be able to find and recode the string pointers.

I found my mistake with the Crass decoder - needed to decode the entire game directory and not just the ain file. In the 4.0 engine, the ain file seems to contain all of the scripting info => script, game text, calls to engine etc. The story text appears to be lumped together in a giant table toward the end of the file - I have no idea how the story text is indexed though - i suspect the file needs to be decompiled, edited, and recompiled to make an significant changes. ie. ain -> ain + XML based string file -> translated XML string file + old AIN -> new AIN ..... if that makes any sense.

btw - I am using the FlexHex trial to analyze the hex unicode. Anyone know a freeware unicode hex editor?

Toaster
2008-11-26, 00:00
BTW - there is an open source System35 game interpreter by Masaki Chikama, here -
http://8ne.sakura.ne.jp:20008/chika/unitbase/xsys35/
It may be able to parse the system39 files you are working with - in which case you can use or reverse engineer the source.

More details can be found in this post -
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11399
(the poster also has some unpublished tools that may help)
________
CN250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CN250)

Firestorm717
2008-11-27, 23:13
Hm, will look at it in more detail when I get the time. I recommend MadEdit (http://madedit.sourceforge.net/) for more flexible control of character encoding when you're editing - it has full east Asian language support and you can switch quite easily.

Toaster
2008-11-29, 00:07
Thanks, MadEdit is great.

Also, I checked out AGTH -
> http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189
With AGTH there is no real need to translate the story line of most games. (That is, assuming one can read a little Japanese to start with.) That pretty much leaves the background images.
________
vapor lounge (http://vaporizer.org/forum/vapor-lounge/)

Unregistered
2008-12-04, 16:01
Does anyone have the low down on how to invoke the Crass re-packer? It seems to have become recently unsupported pending upgrades to crass.

Asceai
2008-12-04, 16:37
With AGTH there is no real need to translate the story line of most games. (That is, assuming one can read a little Japanese to start with.) That pretty much leaves the background images.

i think you might be mistaken

KaioShin
2009-01-03, 09:02
Yes, I know of that tool. The script dumping portion of the tool only works with version 1.3 of the game since it looks like the tool is a quick hack and it checks for hard-coded values defined in the program. You can get it to work with 1.4 but there are a lot of caveats that make it more trouble than it's worth. Other parts of the tool work such as .ain encryption and decryption and archive packing.

Well enough of that, images speak louder than words:
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/6930/43337541gw5.th.jpg (http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=43337541gw5.jpg)http://img374.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6158/alcg0000hd2.th.jpg (http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alcg0000hd2.jpg)http://img391.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Where can I get this tool? I searched for a full day but couldn't find it. The fact that it's buried on some Chinese message board could propably be a part of the problem :P I know crass can extract at least the CGs, but it can't put them back together. Or is there a way to make the game load unpacked files instead of the ones from the archieve?

Toaster
2009-01-03, 20:51
I would love to see an answer to your question as well. Last I checked the repacker would normally have been part of the latest crass distribution -- http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=crass -- but was temporarily unsupported. It may be possible to find an older version of crass on baidu that contains the repacker, but it would only support sengoku rance up to version 1.03. If a newer version is out I assume it supports 1.04.

btw - I found Google's translation tools helpful in navigating baidu.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftieba.baidu.com%2Ff%3Fkw%3Dcrass&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&history_state0=zh-CN|en|

KaioShin
2009-01-04, 01:09
I think you misunderstood. The anonymous guy who posted those pictures said the tool was from the author of crass, not that it was the tool crass. Afaik the repacking portion of crass is only a planned feature for the future. Even if you had a version that included assage (the repacking part) there wouldn't be any functions for script editing, but the guy clearly had a tool that could do so. I looked at the unpacked AIN file crass created and found the text inside it, the problem is finding out how the text is indexed. The file is pretty complex with apparently all game scripting inside it too, so it's not just a plain text file.

There are two parts in the tool chain missing currently - one to extract or edit the text inside the AIN file and one to repack the AIN and ALD files.

jtle
2009-01-04, 12:22
I guess I should log in to attach things, meh.
Alright. I'll explain.
There's a tool written by the creator of crass for System 4.0 that does packing/repacking of .ALD files, encoding/decoding of .AIN files and dumps the script from it.

In the AIN file, there two things that designate where the text is. One is a "MSG0" token that marks the ADV text. The other is a "STR0" token that marks everything besides ADV text, like skill names, people names, battle quotes. Everything that's not the story and not images belong in the STR0 section. You get the idea.

However, I believe that the creator did a quick and dirty job on the tool. Since it doesn't work for some sys4 games like Rance 6.

When decoding the .ain file, the tool outputs 3 things: 2 text files which are the script dumps and a decoded dump of the ain file. Also, the tool does not completely work for v1.04 of Sengoku Rance; it works up to v1.03 (i.e It looks for specific lines in the script to do insertion and specific line counts).

With v.104, the tool will decode/encode the .ain dump fine but the resulting script dump is a mess. Lines are missing when you compare a dump of v1.04 and v1.03 and thus, the line count that the inserter looks for is off. You can get it to work with a little trickery like copying the missing lines from v1.03. This is a very crappy method obviously since something somewhere will break soon enough.

Next.
ALD archives are the easier part to deal with. Both the sys4-crass tool and the official sys4SDK from Alicesoft have utilities to pack ALD archives.

However the sys4-crass tool does unnecessary "converting" when unpacking the archives. For example, when unpacking the GA (graphics) archive, the tool converts the QNT files into BMPs which is pretty stupid since you lose the transparency. And when repacking, it looks for the BMPs and not the original QNT files again, pretty stupid since you will end up with a 3gb+ archive that is not usable in game.

To counter this, extract the QNTs with suzie or something else then use a tool called QNT2BMP, attached below, to convert to 2 BMP files.

One BMP is supposedly the transparency and the other is the graphic.

Once again, not everything is so easy. The transparency extraction in the tool is messed up and gives some nasty results with regards to Sengoku Rance. So therefore, the only images you can edit are the ones that have no transparency.

Then after you have edited your BMPs you pass them through a BMP2QNT converter provided by the sys4SDK from Alicesoft.

There are two ways to repack the ALD archives. One way is to use the sys4SDK packer which is pretty good since it's an official tool that works but, you will need to create an index file for the packer which is pretty tedious.

The second way is to use the sys4-crass tool to repack. The thing I like about this is that you can generate an index file for repacking. Note that the index files for the sys4SDK tool and the sys4-crass tool are not the same at all so you cant generate one from the sys4-crass tool and use it with the SDK tool. So after you have generated an index file, you will have to rename the QNTs you extracted and edited to .QNT.BMP because the packer looks for that extenstion. Yeah, stupid, but it works.

With sound archives, things are easy since the sys4-crass tool extracts them to WAVs which are what they are supposed to be. But then again, you dont need to do anything to the sound files anyways. Hahaha....

tl;dr ver:
decrypting/encrypting AIN files = good!
resulting script dump = bad!
repacking ALD archives = good, sort of.
editing images = meh

Possible solutions:
Remember how I said that the AIN encoder/decoder gives you 3 files? 2 text files and the whole decoded AIN dump?
So to completely bypass the horrible script dump you just use the decoded AIN dump and extract the script yourself with a custom tool. Then insert the text back into the decoded AIN dump yourself, again with a custom tool. Then encoded the dump with the sys4-crass tool.

For images, thankfully the QNT2BMP tool comes with source so fixing the transparency extraction should be easy? (I have not worked with image formats at all lol)

So, I think that should completely explain everything I know. If you want to try it out yourself, I've attached everything mentioned except for the SDK which you can find yourself.

KaioShin
2009-01-04, 12:49
Awesome, you really helped me a great deal with this. I spent 2 days searching for this but couldn't find it. I'll put this to good use. If end up writing a new tool for something after all I'll make sure to make the information publically available.

zalas
2009-01-06, 01:01
http://novelnews.net/2009/01/06/rance-ready-to-conquer-the-english-speaking-world/

I guess I can finally talk about this now. I've been working on a translation tool for Sengoku Rance these past few weeks and we've got the basics working on the text side of things. Still need to modify some Sys42 bytecode to get names and various other in-game non-script text working.

Toaster
2009-01-08, 00:21
Sweet, you couldn't have picked a better game.
________
medical marijuana states (http://mmjp.org)

BBKH
2009-01-09, 17:54
While it looks to be a problem with the SDK or decompiler rather than ASTT I think this would be the best place to ask. I've been trying to get Rance 1 and 2 working using the guide included with ASTT but I've been having some trouble. Has anyone been able to get it to work, and if so how?

Edit: Never mind me, I should have played around some more. Fixed by adding some lines to advfix.py

Zweiterversuch
2010-11-07, 06:35
TOOLS!!!
dear god thanks!

wait a min...where is the download link?

We are actually looking for those.
We are currently translating Rance 02 (the remake) and were kind of stuck.
if you are interested in the project and want to help or even join our cause please, visit our
Blog: http://rancetranslationproject.blogspot.com/

or the following threads:

Mirrormoon forums
http://forums.mirrormoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3580

Beast's Lair
http://nrvnqsr.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gd2&action=display&thread=6261

Hongfire
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246117&page=1

If you don't want to visit any of those, then send us an e-mail:

ranceforthewin@yahoo.com

We are currently looking for programmers (hackers) and beta testers.

Unregistered
2011-10-28, 22:28
It's having trouble reading in a file or something, it looks like. At first I thought it was something I did wrong with the decompiling step, or the astt step, but I went through and triple checked them.

Satisfied that I couldn't figure out a missed step, I copied a free directory of the SDK and tried running the compiler on the default samples provided as is, and still get the same error.

Sys39c.exe reports
DIRFILE【 】の読み込みに失敗しました
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4320/compileerror.png

I don't know if this is due to a bad SDK kit (I couldn't use the link provided earlier, and ended up using the copy included in アリスCD250) or my operating system (64 bit Vista). Maybe even something altogether different.

If I need to provide more details, or get into private correspondence with anyone willing to help troubleshoot this issue this would be great. Thanks in advance.

djx6
2013-02-18, 17:45
hi, I can't seem to find where to download the tool, could someone please help.

Unregistered
2013-02-18, 21:39
find it on tlwiki

djx6
2013-02-20, 08:58
can anyone tell me where I can get the SDK, the alicesoft website is locked to Japan only.

Edit: Never mind, I found one, but now I am following the guide and when I run the decompiler it keeps repeating two sets of information indefinitely. Any help would be much appreciated.