PDA

View Full Version : [KIRIKIRI] Text going out of the window with Insanoi Word-Warp hack

TimScampi
2008-03-22, 03:58
Hello ^^
Well, my translation is going well, all the menus are in english now, i've started the game script translation (Dialogs, narrative text, ...)
I had a little problem with the words cutting within the game but it's fixed now (Thanks to Insani's Word Warp Hack :) )
But, I have another problem now -_-'
Text going out of the message window.
A little screenshot to show you : (Text is in French, sorry ^^)
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1261/kirikiritextwarppb3.jpg

Just noticed another error while taking the screenshot. The name of a character, Takashi Nishine is cut where it shouldn't be.
Anyone know how to fix these errors ?
I also want to change the font used by the game. Where can I do that ?

Katsukasa
2008-03-22, 20:51
Hum... I can't help you in your issue (sorry about this *bows*), but...
Can you say how you made Kirikiri read a character from a foreign language like ç? Did you rewrite the executable?
Thanks for your help! o/

Unregistered
2008-03-23, 02:25
Hum... I can't help you in your issue (sorry about this *bows*), but...
Can you say how you made Kirikiri read a character from a foreign language like ç? Did you rewrite the executable?
Thanks for your help! o/

Just use UNICODE and there you go. Kirikiri2's got built-in UTF-16 support.

TimScampi
2008-03-30, 12:11
Yeah, when you save your text file, just choose Unicode as the encoding.
It handle characters from all the languages and is pretty wel recognized by Kirikiri².
So, no one got a solution for my problem ?
How can I change the size/pozition of the message box and the font ? I would like to make a smaller message box with smaller text inside.
Anyone can point me to a tutorial to compile a patch.xp3 file ? Already have the Kirikiri sdk, can launch a game pointing to my directory but can't figure out how to compile it...

Asceai
2008-03-30, 13:48
Just use insani's xp3-repack tool. That should do the trick.