PDA

View Full Version : Is Main Site Still Down?

Unregistered
2007-11-24, 19:44
Just wondering if http://visualnews.net is still down?

I've already seen this thread http://forums.visualnews.net/showpost.php?p=33941&postcount=5, but that was 10 days ago, not trying to push misu/anyone but it would be nice to know the progress/update on the situation.

thanks.

Sokcuri
2007-11-24, 20:29
Yesterday site was clearly run. maybe server config miss?

Unregistered
2007-11-24, 23:42
Yesterday site was clearly run. maybe server config miss?

Well I didn't try yesterday, but yeah just noticed the error, maybe dreamhost are doing something again... whatever i'll try again in a couple of days.

velocity7
2007-11-25, 05:20
Also down for me as well.

mutio
2007-11-26, 09:35
Is Dreamhost offering actually hosting or server?? Since I checked them and 300GB or more is really shit much. Here in Germany for that price you get maybe 200mb with 100gb traffic.
Quality is another issue though, and Dreamhost doesn't seem anything great with the site being down for that long time.
Personally I've rented a "raw" VPS with Suse which I manage myself.
Managing the server yourself is, when you know how, just the best solution.
Only my personal opinion though.

The One Freeman
2007-11-26, 11:39
It's been down for me too.

I haven't tried on my own computer though...

dovac
2007-11-26, 12:26
I can always host it on my dedicated server if Misu wants..

The One Freeman
2007-11-26, 12:42
I can always host it on my dedicated server if Misu wants..

I can do a counter-strike dedicated server! ^^;;

But that's a game...

Unregistered
2007-11-27, 16:46
Oh well, it's been more than a couple of days and still no dice!

might as well delete my bookmark since no one including Misu has even bothered to give an update on the situation. Must be a secret!

dsp2003
2007-11-27, 20:43
I'm thinking that Misu is probably moving the site from Dreamhost to this server, so we'll have to wait a little bit more... ^_~

Unregistered
2007-11-27, 22:31
I'm thinking that Misu is probably moving the site from Dreamhost to this server, so we'll have to wait a little bit more... ^_~

thanks dsp2003 for your helpful insight,

at least that gives me some inclination to hold on a bit longer, i'm sure most of us here wouldn't want anything to happen to that little-gem of a site! :)

The One Freeman
2007-11-28, 09:07
Eh, I'd hold out. Might as well.

Unregistered
2007-12-20, 01:49
Saying that though, I will NEVER threaten this site of shutting down becuase of lack of donations, or threaten anything as a result of no or small donations. I will also try my utmost hardest never to have to ask for donations either. If it ever gets to the point that this site is dependant on the goodwill of others to maintain, I WILL actively seek someone else who can better financially support and guide VisualNews to take over and continue the site.

And with that, I agree with Mutio, it seems to me that this topic is closed.

Remember this paragraph?...
I think that searching is not yet finished, right?...