PDA

View Full Version : Clannad On-Screen Menu

Richard 23
2007-10-30, 15:45
Unlike Kannon and Air, left clicking the screen does not bring up a popup menu with in game commands (which is easy to translate in GAMEEXE.INI). Instead a bunch of graphic buttons (presumably from G00 files) pops up on the screen. So all the text is in the bitmap, which makes it harder for me to translate. I know the kana, but not the kanji. I can type kana in a word processor using the IME, but can't do the same with kanji.

Could some kind soul translate the 12 buttons for me? I've got "Save" and "Load" figured out. One appears to be "Quit" and another "Restart."

I've figured out the functionality of most of them but would like a translation if possible.

I'd attach an image of the buttons (24k), but don't know if that would be proper. Would that be okay to do? Well, heck. I'll just do it and if I get in trouble, I'll apologize. :-)

I've already translated all the menus and dialogs for REALLIVE.EXE. Actually I'm using a newer version that I translated awhile back, the one that came with Air Standard Edition.

I know that the Clannad translation project will translate some of the graphics eventually. But since I'm watching Clannad and shelled out for the game, it's really hard to wait!

If talking about this or posting this was inappropriate, I apologize and won't do it again.

Richard 23
2007-10-30, 16:15
I'm sure I'll have more graphics to translate if anyone's game. Some of Clannad's graphics look even better than Air did. I'm so psyched to be able to play this at long last!

jyuichi
2007-10-30, 17:44
This should help :3

Quick loading menu is a mode that reduces menu animation so it loads faster. I don't know how much difference it makes in clannad. It cuts the animation (and there for load time) for the little busters! menu a good bit.

Richard 23
2007-10-30, 18:08
Great work on the graphic, jyuichi! Thanks for your help. I shall present you with more graphics that will ever more challenge your ability. The game is on!

But seriously, thanks.

I'm playing through Clannad right now, doing some proofreading at the same time. So far it's a very interesting story. I'm glad I got Clannad and that a translation is in progress.

I hope someone picks up Air sometime soon. I can't translate it myself. :-(

Asceai
2007-10-30, 20:14
Hrm, I'd personally wait for the game to be completely translated first. If you don't have the after story, you're missing out. On top of that, the existing translation has some issues that I would wait to be ironed out first.

And there's no proper patch yet either =p

velocity7
2007-10-30, 20:38
Hrm, I'd personally wait for the game to be completely translated first. If you don't have the after story, you're missing out. On top of that, the existing translation has some issues that I would wait to be ironed out first.

And there's no proper patch yet either =p

Quoted for truth. :)

Richard 23
2007-10-30, 21:20
Quoted for truth. :)

Sure, but the translation is pretty decent so far (the first couple of days) and compiling SEEN files isn't that hard if one is motivated enough. I think you guys are doing a hell of a job on translating all that text. Great work!

No complaints to speak of thus far. I'm impressed.

fireshark
2007-10-30, 21:21
Richard 23, I did some graphics. If you want, I can just dump them onto you ^^
________
Jaguar xk specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Jaguar_XK)

Richard 23
2007-10-30, 21:28
Richard 23, I did some graphics. If you want, I can just dump them onto you ^^

That would be fantastic!