PDA

View Full Version : How to use RL dev?

Unregistered
2007-10-19, 19:50
I know Im a noob but how do you extract the seen text from the clannad translation page into the game?

Unregistered
2007-10-20, 17:02
The process is a bit more complicated then probably worth it atm. Since they are still in process of translating it no actual data files have been released to the public.
That said... you could go about it one of two ways. But both ways involve you having to extract the game data before hand. Mind you it would probably be a good idea to setup the PATH variable in windows to include the BIN folder where you extracted so for example if you extracted it to:

C:\rldev

you would add this to the end of your PATH variable in windows(don't forget the ';'):

;C:\rldev\bin

you'll also need an environment variable called RLDEV which needs to point to the lib directory so it would be:

C:\rldev\lib

once you have this setup The command with rldev is "kprl -d -t RealLive -o kepago" within the clannad directory. This will create a folder called "kepago" which will have the game script as well as the decompiled programming code which you will need in order to be able to recompile it with the english language.

the .sjs files are the scripts while the .ke are the programming code. essentially what you need to do is copy and paste the contents of the clannad translation webpage into it's corresponding .sjs file replacing the original. all that is left is to compile the contents which I created a batch file that did this as well as copy it to where I had clannad installed.

compile.bat:

FOR %%f in (SEEN????.ke) DO rlc -t RealLive %%f
XCOPY /Y /Q SEEN????.TXT c:\KEY\CLANNAD

that should get you going fairly well enough

It's time consuming but I suppose a program could be written to automatically grab the script from the web page and put it into the correct file.

Unregistered
2007-10-20, 17:07
oh... the compile.bat should be put inside the kepago directory and the gameexe.ini file from the clannad directory may need to be copied there as well. I know this is not a very elegant solution but it works for me.

Unregistered
2007-10-20, 19:28
ok but how do you extract game data?

fireshark
2007-10-21, 10:17
That *is* the game data.
________
Mazda b-series picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_B-Series)

Unregistered
2007-12-21, 03:13
why????
please i want to konw

hkuclion
2007-12-21, 21:55
In fact,put everything in "lib" and "bin" directory together will help a lot. To make it more convenient, placing a quick launch link of "cmd.exe" in the working directory is of great help...

PS:when you have translate script into Chinese and Korean,it's neccesary to add "-x","-e" parametre,and use utf-8 encoding in script file

here's my "compile.bat" dealing with Chinese
------------
@for %%a in (*.ke) do rlc -e UTF-8 -x CP936 -t RealLive -u --no-metadata %%a
------------
provided by dwing
also,Chinese and Korean display needs additional dll support...