PDA

View Full Version : Question about minori game localization (2)

blauerbrief
2007-10-18, 01:04
Hello, everyone.
Now I get down work with ef - the first tale full ver Korean localization.
but I encounted big problem.

I successfully display Korean letters in ef - the first tale full ver.
however, I can't display half-width space(20h).
look at this.
http://cfs2.tistory.com/upload_control/download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzM4ODA4QGZzMi50aXN0b3J5LmNvbTovYXR0YWNoLzAvMTIuanBn
you can easily find space width same as normal letter.
it is full-width space( ).
full-width space is not solution. it's just expedient.
I want to display Korean and half-width space.
but 20h space in sentence, program won't display that sentence.
I can't using change control letter hex code method.
Korean should using every almost hexcode(0~255) for display, so I can't change it.
What can I do?

second, I encounter add-on file loading problem.
in Haru no Ashioto, I using add-on file so I can easily add Korean text file and localized graphic files.
example,
I make scr1.paz (include Korean text script files) and put it haruoto folder, Haruoto program fetch scr1.paz first, scr.paz latter.
so I need not touch original scr.paz file.
it works haruoto, effdd, efft.
but it doesn't work with ef - the first tale full ver.
If put scr1.paz in ef folder, ef program encounter fatally error.
as a result, I edit original paz files. surely it works but it too big to upload. and it couldn't called patch.(about 2.9GB!)

last, mouth and eye animation. how can I fix it for Korean script?

anyone solve or idea with this problem?
maybe it's great help for me.

Rasqual Twilight
2007-10-21, 10:16
I cannot test for the first problem. Try to find someone to hack on the executable, I'm pretty sure there are knowledgeable Korean people who can do it, non? Maybe you could try to figure out which character range is acceptable for display according to the engine and where it is tested for.

For your other problem, let's suppose you copy the original .paz to scr1.paz. Does it still crash? If so, it may be a limitation of the game itself, maybe because of the archive size / entries count? I can only suppose.

Asceai
2007-10-21, 13:21
The issue here is that the half-width space serves a hard-coded purpose in the minori engine--namely, to hide a text box so that you can play a voice sound effect.

I think the engine that the folk who haxxed Haru no Ashioto's demo is set up to use a different character because obv. we kinda need that space character =p

Rasqual Twilight
2007-10-21, 14:51
I remember the backtick being used in ONscripter to turn off (escape) the special interpretation of the whitespace, but obviously minori's program is not open-source, much less recompilable. If the 0x20 char corresponds to this function, maybe it is possible to substitute it to another value? Or replace all full-width space characters by a half one at run time?

blauerbrief
2007-10-22, 01:37
Well, Second problem may be limitation of game itself.
I tried to asqual_Twilight method, but it still encounter fatal error.
However, I don't know why minori locked (maybe) this function....
it works correctly with previous EVERY (not BSF,wind) minori games..

GipFace
2007-10-30, 00:49
If you're wondering how ef Supah Preview does it, forget about it. We used one of those so called "expedients," bypassing the normal-width space problem by using 0xA1 for all spaces and used a font that represented 0xA1 as a blank. That is one of the reasons why ef Supah Preview only works with one font. (the other being word-wrap issues)

As for the scr1.paz problem, I would have no idea since I don't own ef - the first tale.

last, mouth and eye animation. how can I fix it for Korean script?
sed.exe (http://2dos.homepage.dk/batutil/help/SED.HTM) search and replace is your best friend. Use it on all .ani files. Each .ani file contains four terms with the speaker preceding them: 開き口, 中口, 中目, and 閉じ目. Substitute the Japanese name with the Korean one and leave the descriptors intact. Yes, this means you'll have to replace every .ani file in bg.paz and st.paz.

Good luck with your project. I would volunteer myself if I were not retired already. Oh well.

Actually... one question. You stated that you did the demo a while back. Where can one download this demo? I have a Korean friend, and we would like to find out if your demo is accurate and faithful.

blauerbrief
2007-10-30, 10:25
I knew that your (maybe right?) modified font method.
maybe it same as Haru no Ashioto English demo project. isn't it?
but I know that it won't work with Korean and I want to Final Solution.
just not expedient. (like full-width space)

I already have animation(for .ani file) patch for minori games. (by Nagato)
but I should find other way that not touch original paz file, because scr1.paz problem.
If I can't solve scr1.paz problem, I should edit original paz file. it is too bad.
(very very big file size!)
yes, it is almost impossible. I know.
in that situation, maybe I must edit original paz file...

last, my ef - the first tale trial ver. Korean patch is surely working. (2006.12.24)
it needs installed original ef the first tale trial version files, not stand alone.
If you want it, I send that file. but how can I it?
I don't have own homepage and storage space.

Thank you for helping, GipFace.

* P.S : I'm not programmer and reverse engineer.
for my works, Program part assisted by Nagato. but now he is disappear...

GipFace
2007-10-30, 10:41
maybe it same as Haru no Ashioto English demo project. isn't it?
Of course, since I headed both projects. -_-;

in that situation, maybe I must edit original paz file...
I'm going to suggest a large workaround. I know for a fact that Haru no Ashioto does interpret addendum correctly. To the best of my knowledge, Haruoto's MUSICA engine has all the bells and whistles that ef - the first tale does, such as snow, rain, and moving backgrounds. Why not base your patch around the Haruoto executable? Your installer would then have to modify the header of the original .paz files, but that is simple to do.

If you want it, I send that file. but how can I it? I don't have own homepage and storage space.
http://rapidshare.com/

One other thing... I fail to see what's wrong with the screenshot. Korean is a fixed-width language like Japanese, so full-width spaces don't look out-of-place. I think it's fine.

blauerbrief
2007-10-31, 02:48
ok. here it is. http://rapidshare.com/files/66459831/eft_kr.exe
if you want some other proofs, request it.

I tried to using ef the first tale trial version exe file for ef the first tale retail Korean patch. (eftt exe works correctly with *1.paz)
eft retail and eft trial exe files are almost same. but it doesn't work.
of course, edited exe file key code same as ef the first tale retail.
I don't know about header of paz file. if you know it,please teach it for me.

and.. Korean program using half-width space. so almost Korean full-width spaces feels out of place (yes. me,too)

GipFace
2007-11-01, 23:49
Your patch is password-protected for some reason. Mind telling me what it is?

I don't know about header of paz file. if you know it,please teach it for me.
I thought you already knew about this, looking at http://forums.visualnews.net/showthread.php?t=7802. Simply change the header so that it decrypts correctly and you're good to go.

Korean program using half-width space. so almost Korean full-width spaces feels out of place
Um... wait, are you inserting the text directly into the script instead of using a parser (processing tool)? If your translator is using full-width spaces, then there is no reason to switch to half-width spaces. I still don't see the point of using half-width spaces in Korean.

blauerbrief
2007-11-02, 08:26
password is http://thehighwind.net/projectforum/
my old homepage domain.. rest in peace..

blauerbrief
2007-11-03, 11:01
well, I'm not programmer.
I don't know changed paz header nor how can fixed.
now, I finding new programmer but I can't.

Asceai
2007-11-03, 13:43
I personally don't know if you can get away with just changing the header of each paz. Surely you'd need to re-encrypt all the files entirely. It might be easier to replace them in haruoto's exe (the haruoto codes are particularly easy to find in the exe as they are unobscured, even moreso than the wind and ef ones). I'll try this at some point and see.

blauerbrief
2007-11-06, 13:08
I think that change the header of each paz method the best way what I choose.
maybe it should need new program. but I can't make it because I'm not programmer.
well, it need not based haruoto exe file. maybe it just using ef - the first tale trial version exefile.
now only one problem is how can change header of original pazs with small program and no errors.
anyone can help me?