PDA

View Full Version : Little Busters! Graphic and Audio Extraction

Sieg
2007-07-30, 06:04
Could you hook me up with one of those converters? And should songs 48 and 49 exist? Because I can't see them. Also, I have the same guess with Haruka.

Malek
2007-07-30, 06:12
Could you hook me up with one of those converters? Also, I have the same guess with Haruka.

Okay. By the way, it's always me :P

http://elku.at.infoseek.co.jp/other/nwa2wav.zip

This one here is also very simple to use.

Unregistered
2007-07-30, 08:20
Uhm, looks like my reply won't appear until a moderator approves it. Was it because I posted a link?

In regard to your other question, anyway, I suppose tracks 48 and 49 were made but never used in the game, so they just decided to delete them. Maybe if a soundtrack of the game comes out, those will be in the CD as "unreleased tracks".

Sieg
2007-07-30, 08:28
Dang links. although I guess you could just sound it out, like w w w dot etc... heheh. And any word on how to covert CGs into .gif or .jpg?

Unregistered
2007-07-30, 08:41
Aw, man. Ok, let's make it like this: go on google, write "NWA/NWKコンバータ", and it's the only link there.

CG extraction is a bit harder. Someone uses ExtractData, I prefer the good old Prnt Scrn key + MSPaint method :P

Sieg
2007-07-30, 08:59
I see. Well, which of those things should I download? And how to use it? And are there any unused CGs, like with the BGMs? I kind of want to ask the same about Clannad...

Unregistered
2007-07-30, 09:12
... the one called NWA/NWKコンバータ. Duh. As far as how to use it, just press the button on the top right to select the file to convert (or the button on the top left to select an entire folder), and then press the button on the bottom left to start the conversion.

Or were you talking about the CG program? If so, I've never used ExtractData myself, can't help you there. Really, screen printing is your best friend.

Sieg
2007-07-30, 09:19
Screen printing you say? How would I do that? I assume it has to do with the button Print Screen though...and sorry for being so inadept at this stuff.

Unregistered
2007-07-30, 09:34
Yeah, it's the usual Print Screen button. Press it, and then paste on any image program, even the standard Paint is fine. I suppose everyone has used it at least once in their life, but it really wasn't much useful to me until I realized it was the best method to get CG images.

KaioShin
2007-07-30, 09:34
Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. Then open a image editing program of your choice (standard Paint will do) and press Strg+V.

Sieg
2007-07-30, 09:36
When I press the button, nothing seems to happen...is the button broken, or are there some other steps I must take?

Unregistered
2007-07-30, 09:41
What Kaioshin said, above your post.

By the way, if you have to take an image directly from the game and not from the gallery, don't forget to close the dialog box first.

Misu
2007-07-30, 10:08
Uhm, looks like my reply won't appear until a moderator approves it. Was it because I posted a link?

The spam filtering on these forums is run through Akismet (http://akismet.com/), so it tries to guess the potential for your post to be a spam, and if it is high enough, depending on a lot of factors, then it tosses it into the moderation queue for me. It's not a direct correlation between Guest posters + links = moderation queue though. Just sometimes... I guess it didn't like your formating somehow. Probably doesn't need to be said, but registering does solve that problem (=P), as your posts are not run through Akismet after you register.

JRaiKetchum
2007-07-30, 13:34
Sieg:

You have two choices in extracting the G00/PDT graphics from a RealLive based game:

1) Use vaconv from RLdev which will convert G00/PDT into PNG which can be opened in any good graphics program (Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, IrfanView, etc.)

2) Use Susie with a VisualArt's G00/PDT plugin and save them as BMPs which can be converted easily to any format you want.

I highly suggest using vaconv and getting high quality PNGs if you want to use the graphics for anything else other than just to have. PNG retains the alpha masks of G00 type 1 and type 2 files (a.k.a. the transparancy mask). Not to mention you can do it in bulk with the following command line: (example I used to rip the graphics from Kanon.)

C:\RLDev\bin> vaconv -d C:\VNovel\PNG C:\Anime\Games\KEY\KANON_SE_ALL\g00\*.g00

replace the italicized portions with where the RLDev bin directory is located, where you want the program to put the converted files, and where the game is installed. What you'll have is a directory of nice PNGs and also some XML files that you can ignore from the g00-1 and g00-2 files. (all they do is tells the converter the boundaries of each region/frame in animations)

Note: I was able to do the same thing with the LB demo and make a cute avatar with neko-Rin when she screams "Sono neko da---!" and whaps Masato XD

Hope this helps!

Ja, ne
-Rai

Sieg
2007-07-30, 19:49
I hate to ask for so much help here. So I downloaded rldev to my comp. However, I have no real clue on how to use it. There are options like Changes, Install, lib, rtl and src. I really have no idea how to use this...

JRaiKetchum
2007-07-30, 20:13
I hate to ask for so much help here. So I downloaded rldev to my comp. However, I have no real clue on how to use it. There are options like Changes, Install, lib, rtl and src. I really have no idea how to use this...

hmm.. sounds like you downloaded the source code instead of the binary. Go and download the Win32 binary rar file from the RLdev page and unrar it with WinRar or other program that'll use rar files. Then just follow the instructions I gave in my previous post. If you still need help, don't be afraid to send me a PM as I use RLdev for my custom projects all the time (and even had to compile one of the DLLs before x.x Never again do I wanna do that!) ;)

Ja, ne
-Rai

JRaiKetchum
2007-07-30, 22:58
NOTE FOR ALL: Me and Sieg have just found out that vaconv will not open LB! g00 files. The only way to access them currently is using the VisualArt's Susie plugin developed by Hiro Inoue. They are the same encoding apparently as the ones in planetarian Retail Edition.

If a programmer would like to take the time and program vaconv to work with those files, it would be greatly appreciated. *looks at Haeleth and any other programmer with big, tearful Ayu-chan/Mikuru eyes* Not to mention it will be needed later if someone tries to translate the game like their talking about in the other thread.

Also, it'd help me in not having to download and re-installing insani's planetarian demo everytime I need to grab graphics from it! -_-;

Ja , ne
-Rai

boggart
2007-07-31, 08:29
vaconv works fine with the g00 files. Are you using the current build?

JRaiKetchum
2007-07-31, 11:50
vaconv works fine with the g00 files. Are you using the current build?

The current binary (1.40). Not the subversion build.

It spits out "Cannot open file" with LB! g00 (as Sieg found out as I was guiding him through it) as well as planetarian Retail g00 (personal experience).

as for the command line used: see post 14 in this thread.

-Rai

boggart
2007-07-31, 16:00
I'm also using the 1.40 binary and vaconv works fine using the simple vaconv <filename> command line. It outputs to .png as a default so no need to mess around with the tags. I've even gone so far as to extract certain character cg's by using CGYK*.g00 etc.

Maybe there's something wrong in your command line. I can't see what it is off the top of my head though.

JRaiKetchum
2007-07-31, 16:22
I'm also using the 1.40 binary and vaconv works fine using the simple vaconv <filename> command line. It outputs to .png as a default so no need to mess around with the tags. I've even gone so far as to extract certain character cg's by using CGYK*.g00 etc.

Maybe there's something wrong in your command line. I can't see what it is off the top of my head though.

... okay, I just tried without telling it to dump it into a NEW directory... and it just worked... okay, looks like I accidentally overlooked that ^^; So it's been a few years since I used a batch convert on vaconv. So sue me =P

Arigatou gozaimasu

-Rai

fireshark
2007-08-01, 07:17
That would be because the Little Busters directory is in Japanese.
________
Chrysler Sebring Specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Sebring)

Sieg
2008-07-18, 09:31
Back after all this time to revive a dead topic, heh heh. Well, with a year of not doing anything, I have completely forgotten how do extract both the music and CGs. And with the new game only a week away, I'd appreciate it if anyone could lend a hand in extracting once more.

jyuichi
2008-07-18, 11:31
RLDEV's vaconv can be used to extract the images (see post 14). You can use Susie (with plugin) to view and save individual pictures which is all I ever do. Susie also has a GUI

A program called nwa2wav (post 2) can be used to convert the music to wav format, I don't see why you would need to however... just buy the soundtrack or use music mode.

Sieg
2008-07-18, 11:32
I have purchased the soundtrack, and I plan to get the new one as well (if I can find out). However, from experience with the past game, there were some shorter songs not featured in either OST or music mode.

jyuichi
2008-07-18, 15:43
I have purchased the soundtrack, and I plan to get the new one as well (if I can find out). However, from experience with the past game, there were some shorter songs not featured in either OST or music mode.
Ah in that case nwa2wav is a good choice since you can choose which files you want to convert pretty easily.

Unregistered
2008-07-30, 00:42
crass may be a good choice.

look at here:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=452048862

keroko
2008-10-21, 14:43
Sieg:

You have two choices in extracting the G00/PDT graphics from a RealLive based game:

1) Use vaconv from RLdev which will convert G00/PDT into PNG which can be opened in any good graphics program (Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, IrfanView, etc.)

2) Use Susie with a VisualArt's G00/PDT plugin and save them as BMPs which can be converted easily to any format you want.

I highly suggest using vaconv and getting high quality PNGs if you want to use the graphics for anything else other than just to have. PNG retains the alpha masks of G00 type 1 and type 2 files (a.k.a. the transparancy mask). Not to mention you can do it in bulk with the following command line: (example I used to rip the graphics from Kanon.)

C:\RLDev\bin> vaconv -d C:\VNovel\PNG C:\Anime\Games\KEY\KANON_SE_ALL\g00\*.g00

replace the italicized portions with where the RLDev bin directory is located, where you want the program to put the converted files, and where the game is installed. What you'll have is a directory of nice PNGs and also some XML files that you can ignore from the g00-1 and g00-2 files. (all they do is tells the converter the boundaries of each region/frame in animations)

Note: I was able to do the same thing with the LB demo and make a cute avatar with neko-Rin when she screams "Sono neko da---!" and whaps Masato XD

Hope this helps!

Ja, ne
-Rai

I have a problem, every time I doubleclick vanconv, the black screen pops up for hardly a second, and then vanishes. Is this right? If so, how do I enter the command lines then?

And on a not-so-slightly less detail, which files hold the character images? Particularly Rin.

I've been dying to extract the image files for Rin. Sure, I can screen and extract with Photoshop, but that'd take a loooong time.

jyuichi
2008-10-21, 19:58
I have a problem, every time I doubleclick vanconv, the black screen pops up for hardly a second, and then vanishes. Is this right? If so, how do I enter the command lines then?

And on a not-so-slightly less detail, which files hold the character images? Particularly Rin.

I've been dying to extract the image files for Rin. Sure, I can screen and extract with Photoshop, but that'd take a loooong time.

you need to run it from cmd.exe :)

keroko
2008-10-22, 02:36
Ah, so that was the problem, thank you. Oh, one more question, when extracting from the translated Litte Busters trial, which of the g00 files holds Rin's files? There's a ton of them @_@

Edit: It's not working for me. I enter C:\rldev\bin> vaconv -d D:\pics\Little Busters D:\games\littlebusters_sampleeng080726\REALLIVEDATA\g00\BG001N2.g00 in the cmd, but it keeps saying it doesn't recognize C:\rdev\bin.

Edit2: Nevermind, I solved both issues. I managed to find a g00 plugin for Susie, after which not much knowledge of Japanese was needed. Further research also revealed the Rin files to be conveniently marked with RN. :p